Dancing At Midnight : Part Seven

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part. Sorry, not able to reply to them. Really in a rush...

Gauri looks at Anika in shock.

"Please? Please?" Anika excitedly begs her.

"Not today." Gauri tells her.

"Why?" Anika moans.

"I'll get contact lenses. Then you give me a makeover." Gauri tells her excitedly.

"Oh yeah! Okay great!" Anika tells her excitedly.

Next day, Gauri and Richa went and ordered contact lenses for her. She hadn't talked to Omkara much after that though they met during lunch break they remained silent. Anika had given her the much needed confidence, she was going to have her makeover and have Omkara confess his love to her. Gauri decided the best day for that was on the day of inter-college competition. Gauri excitedly started preparing for that. She even got a white gown for her performance.

Gauri was walking to her class when she hears Omkara calling her.

"DUMBO!"

Gauri turns to him. He calls her gesturing with a finger. She frowns at him as she walked towards him.

"What?"

"Come with me." Omkara tells her as he walked away and she follows him. He walks to the union room and she follows him. She sees Anika there.

"Anika." Omkara calls her and gestures her to leave. Anika gives them curious looks at first then winking at Gauri walks out from there grinning. Gauri looks at Anika curiously wondering what she meant by that wink. Then she felt him hold her hand. She turns to look at him and he slams his mouth on her kissing her hungrily.

"Okay... you can go." Omkara tells her as he stepped back.

Gauri looks at him in shock. "What was that?"

"You don't know what that was?" Omkara asks her smirking.

"Why did you kiss me?"

"I felt like it."

"You felt like it?" Gauri asks shocked.

"I was missing you." Omkara finally admits.

"Well... you don't have to miss me if you stop being so stubborn."

"Well you can also not be stubborn."

"HMPH!!!"

"I do believe, Dumbo that you are going to lose your virginity much sooner than your stubborn nature." Omkara tells her and walks off smirking seeing her wide eyed shock.

Gaur was sitting with her friends as they filled in on her what they had seen.

"So what did they do in the union room?" Gaur asks them.

"That we didn't see."

"But her lips were kind of swollen when she came out."

"What did he see in her?" Gaur asks in disgust. She still couldn't believe that he had rejected her for that ugly duckling. Catching a moment, she looks up to see Kanchi (she is my friend from indiaforums and had included her into the story for fun ;)) sneaking around Omkara's things as she kept something inside it and ran off. Few minutes later, she sees Omkara and Ajay walking towards their things. Omkara didn't even look up at her. They were practicing for the fashion show and he acted as if it was a bloody chore walking with her. Omkara takes out his file folder and was going through it when an envelope falls down.

"Oh God!" Omkara mutters as he opens the envelope to find a card.

"I love you card from your secret admirer." Ajay teases him as he took the card from Omkara. Omkara takes it back from him and keeps it back in the folder.

"Who do you think it is from?" Ajay asks him.

"No idea."

"Gauri?"

"I did think about it... but no. it is not her."

"Then?"

"I don't know." Omkara shrugs again.

Gaur hearing the conversation looks at Kanchi who was sitting at the corner looking at Omkara from the corner of her eyes.

Gaur hears Gauri singing and looks up to see her practicing on the stage. She turns to watch Omkara and sees him watching Gauri as he leaned on the wall with a smile on his face. He never looked at me like that. She furiously turns to look at Gauri and decided that Gauri was not going to sing in the competition.

The day of the event Gaur go to Kanchi.

"Who do we have here? Omkara's secret admirer?" Gaur asks in a mocking tone.

Kanchi looks up at her in panic as she tried to figure out how Gaur found out about it.

"How would you like the whole college including Omkara to find out what you have been up to lately?" Gaur asks her.

"You won't tell anyone right?" Kanchi asks worried.

"What will I get in return?"

"Anything you want." Kanchi tells her earnestly.

"Good... see this?" Gaur shows her canned tuna. "I want you to throw it on Gauri right before her event."

Gauri walks out of the beauty parlour happily. She had done her threading and all, even got a new haircut. After collecting her contact lenses, she had to go to Anika. She had thought of getting her makeup done from the beauty parlor but decided against it as she had promised Anika she would let her do it.

Gauri hurries to the ladies dressing room in DC college and looks for Anika. Anika was frantically running around taking care of things.

"ANIKA!"

"Yeah, Gauri?" Anika asks her as she passed someone her costume.

"Make me beautiful." Gauri tells her in an excited smile.

"NOW?" Anika asks her outraged.

"I got a new haircut and contact lenses." Gauri tells her smiling.

"I am half dead here!" Anika tells her exasperated.

Then Gauri utters the magic words. "I want to bring Omkara to his knees." Gauri tells her with a nervous determined smile.

"Dammit, Gauri! Somebody pass me my makeup box!" Anika shouts as shelooked around frantically.

Please vote and comment

- Lazy