Dancing At Midnight : Part Six

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part. Sorry, I am not able to reply to them individually, I am a little busy at present.

Gauri nervously went through the next hour as she wondered whether Ali told Omkara about her. She had just run away from there when she spotted Omkara. She didn't even wait to hear what Ali had to say. What if, Ali had told him everything? Gauri wondered for the hundredth time. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore and decided to go look for him.

She was looking for him in the ground when out of nowhere he joins her and starts walking with her, "Looking for someone?"

"Omkara?" Gauri turns to him in shock.

"Ah... looking for me... I wonder why? Is there anything that you want to tell me?"

Gauri starts relaxing that Ali didn't tell him about her. Then she smiles that he was still stubborn on making her say it first, "No."

"No?"

"No. Why do you keep asking that? Are you waiting for me to say something? I wonder what."

"I am not waiting for anything but I know you are and let me tell you one thing, you'll keep waiting."

"We'll see." Gauri says irritated. She felt like kicking him squarely on his face. Ah! Just imagining that was pure bliss.

"HEY!" Ajay calls out to them as he hurried towards them. Gauri and Omkara turns to look at him. Dandi and Varun were with him.

"Gauri... when is the treat?" Ajay asks her.

"Treat? What treat?" Gauri asks frowning.

"We heard that it is your birthday tomorrow." Dandi tells her.

"Oh... yes." Gauri says smiling.

"It's your birthday? Why didn't you tell me?" Omkara asks her surprised.

Gauri smiles, she hadn't mentioned it scared that he would remember that his Gauri's birthday is also on the same day and figure out the truth.

"So when and where is the treat?" Ajay asks her.

"Saturday." Gauri tells them smiling.

"Where?"

"That you guys decide."

"Awesome." Ajay says and they quickly leave, again she was alone with Omkara.

"So... what plans for tomorrow?" Omkara asks her.

"No plans." Gauri tells him smiling. "Why?"

"Just asked." Omkara replies shrugging.

"Just asked?" Gauri asks slightly disappointed, she thought he was going to do something special for her.

"Yeah... I am kind of busy tomorrow." Omkara tells her regretfully.

"Oh!"

"It's this intercollege competition... we have to go to the college again... then take care of the costumes, make-up and all. Anika and I would be away the whole day." Omkara tells her.

"Okay."

"I'll see if I can meet you before I leave tomorrow." Omkara tells her.

Gauri nods her head. 7 birthdays she had spent without him and one more without him was very depressing.

That night Gauri was sleeping when Richa comes knocking on her room.

"Richa... what is it?" Gauri asks sleepily.