Something Wonderful : Part Three

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Gauri was lost in her thoughts as she brushed her hair. The same question was plaguing her since her midnight conversation with Omkara.

Did she make the right decision? Was she too hasty in her decision? If she hadn't called off the wedding, right now she would have been getting ready for the engagement.

And that fact was killing her.

He didn't want to marry you, a strong voice in her head screamed at her. Stop wasting your time thinking about it.

"Gauri, mama is calling you down for breakfast." Bhavya tells Gauri as she walked into the room.

"Yeah I am going down." Gauri replies and as she was about to go out of the room Bhavya asked her "Who was on the phone last night?"

Gauri stopped dead in her track as she contemplated answering Bhavya. She didn't know why her first instinct was to lie to Bhavya. And for the life of her she didn't understand why she wanted to hide the fact that Omkara had called her the previous night. It was not like they were doing anything wrong. He just called to check whether everything was fine but then she had talked to him and laughed with him after the way he had hurt her family. But then she did forgive him, and he is a nice man.

"Gauri?" Bhavya's voice brought her out of the thoughts. "Who was it?" Bhavya asks again.

Gauri looked at her sister, they were not close like how they show in movies but they both had each other's back, and both trusted each other.

"Omkara Singh Oberoi." Gauri replies.

"WHAT?" Bhavya shouts.

"Shhh" Gauri shushes her up and closes the bedroom door.

"Gauri, are you crazy? Why are you talking to him after everything that he put us through?" Bhavya asks shocked.

"He called to check how things are here." Gauri explains and proceeds to tell her sister about her conversation with Omkara.

"You are starting to like him." Bhavya said.

Gauri realized at once it was not a question or even a doubt, Bhavya was stating what was apparently obvious to her.

"He is a nice guy." Gauri shrugs.

"There is no future to this." Bhavya tells her.

"We are hardly friends and I don't think we will even be talking again."

"But you are questioning your decision." Bhavya states.

"Nothing is going to come of it." Gauri says in lieu of an answer as she knew there was no use in lying to her sister who was too perspective for her own good.

"I doubt he is even going to think of me now." Gauri replies and just then her cell buzz indicating that a new message has arrived. Bhavya was about to pass Gauri her phone when she sees the phone display.

1 New Message

Omkara

"Yeah. He forgot you completely." Bhavya sarcastically says. A shocked Gauri takes her phone and checks the message.

Today we were supposed to be engaged, and things turned out to be like this. It feels strange, I guess whatever happens, happens for the best. Take care and all the best, Gauri - Omkara.