Something Wonderful : Part Two

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on previous part.

For all those wondering why they didn't go for an engagement and decide to take time before the wedding, Omkara and Gauri, pretty much are strangers now, and there are no emotions involved at present, and plus, Omkara clearly told Gauri, that he is not ready for a wedding right now, so Gauri felt that it is better to get out of  a relation where one party is not ready for it, hence called off the engagement.  Hope that explains.

1:50 am

Gauri was sleeping when her cell started ringing. Sleepily she checked who was calling and was shocked seeing Omkara Calling flashing on her screen.

Gauri started to wonder, Why is he calling me now? That too, at this hour? When we were engaged, he never called me and now he is calling at this late hour. Is he calling to tell me that he changed his mind about the engagement, and he wants to go ahead with it? No, that won't be the reason. What could be? OMG!!!! What if he told his family and someone had a heart attack?!?!?! Could be his mother! In movies it is always the mother who gets an attack when the child's engagement breaks. So, he is calling to threaten me! He is going to sue me! He is going to say that I broke the engagement and his mother is in critical condition. How dare he? Stupid spineless fellow! Doesn't even have the guts to tell his parents what he wants and now he is going to threaten me! I will show him that I am not going to get scared!

So as not to disturb and alert Bhavya about the latest (heart attack) developments Gauri walks to the balcony and angrily attends the call saying "I am not scared of you. Sue me if you want. It is not my fault that she had a heart attack. It is your fault. Take me to court if you want, and I will show you who I am."

"She? Heart attack?" a confused Omkara asks.

Oh, so it is not the mother. Father had an attack. Obviously, spineless son will have a spineless father!

"Whether it is your father or mother, it is not my fault" Gauri angrily replies. "Father? Mother? Gauri this is Omkara Singh Oberoi." Omkara says and then hesitantly adds "Remember?"

"I remember who you are! And it is not my fault that your father had a heart attack." Gauri heatedly replies.

"My father had an attack? When?" Omkara asks confused and worried.

"Oh, so it is your mother who had an attack?" Gauri asks.

"My mother? She had an attack? What are you saying?" Omkara asks even more confused.

What neither father nor mother had an attack? "Then who had a heart attack?" Gauri angrily shouts.

"I don't know. You are the one screaming heart attack! Heart attack! "Omkara replies slightly angry.

"So, no one had a heart attack?" Gauri asks confused.

"NO!"

"Then why are you going to sue me?" Gauri asks angrier.

"Who said I am going to sue you? And why should I?" Omkara asks back.

"So, you are not going to sue me or take me to court." Gauri asks unconvinced.

"NO!" Omkara replies.

"Then what do you want from me? Why are you calling me?" Gauri asks confused and at her wits end.

"I just called you to check if everything was fine at your home. I just wanted to make sure you were fine." Then he regretfully adds "Sorry, I called you. That too, at this hour. I am sorry... Bye."