Dancing At Midnight : Part Four

Thank you all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

For those who are curious, the reason why Om hates Gauri, is pretty silly. hehehehe

Gauri was almost in tears, it's been one week since Omkara talked to her properly. He avoided her like the plague since the day they met at the mall and she didn't even know why. Every time she tried talking to him he would either walk away as if he didn't notice her or he would make some excuses and leave. Now they no longer had lunch together because he never showed up for lunch due to "various" reasons which not only Gauri, Ajay and Dandi even Richa started finding weird. Today she was determined to talk to Omkara, come what may, she will find out why he is behaving so strangely. She walked into the canteen with Richa and quickly found Ajay, Dandi and Varun sitting together.

"Where is Omkara?" Gauri asked without any preamble.

"He didn't come to college today." Ajay replied.

"What happened? Is he alrite?" Gauri asks worried.

"Yeah he is fine. He said no one is at home so he was feeling lazy." Ajay replied.

Gauri had a huge suspicion that Omkara hadn't come to college just to avoid her. "Where does he stay?" Gauri asks quickly making up her mind. Ajay gives her Omkara's address as Gauri took down the address Gaur who had been sitting on the table near to theirs and listening quickly got up and hurried out.

Forty five minutes later, Gauri walked into Omkara's house or rather his uncle's house. She notices a car parked there and wondered whose it is. Omkara didn't have a car, could it be his uncle's? Gauri was about to press the bell when she realized the door was unlocked she gently opens the door and walks inside. She softly called out Omkara's name. She hears some muffled sound coming from a room and she walked towards the room. She gently pushed open the door calling out Omkara's name and then stopped in shock as she took in the sight before her. Her Omkara was lying on the foot of the bed. He was not alone, Gaur was lying with him or rather he was lying on top of her. Her eyes stung as she watched her love, trust and belief of so many years lying with another girl and not just any girl but her enemy, in bed.

Sensing someone at the door Omkara looked to her side and seeing her there he pulled himself up quickly "Dumbo..." Omkara gently started but not wanting to hear anything Gauri ran out.

"Dumbo, listen to me!" Omkara shouted as he ran behind her.

Luckily for Gauri a passing by auto stopped for her and she quickly sat in. She saw Omkara coming out running behind her and screaming her to stop but he himself stopped when he heard Gaur call him as she came out behind him. Omkara turned and walked towards Gaur and not able to see anymore Gauri looked ahead as the tears flowed down in gallons.

Gauri didn't know where to go to or what to do; she had got out of the auto and walked aimlessly. Hours later she had found herself in her college cathedral. Gauri sat in one corner and tried to forget what she had seen at Omkara's house but the more she tried to forget it the more it kept coming back to her.

How could Omkara do this to me? She wondered for the millionth time. He was supposed to marry me. He had promised me that, and then what was he doing with Gaur? Suddenly she remembered that Omkara thought Gaur was her. Is that why he was with her? Did he decide to be with Gaur? Is that why he was avoiding her? But he hated her. Was she the reason for Omkara being with Gaur? Gauri didn't know what to think and what to believe. She roughly brushed away her tears as she thought of Omkara. Her cell continued to buzz, she picked it up and saw Omkara's name flash. She cut the call; he had been calling her ever since she left his house. She didn't want to talk to him, she didn't want to talk to anyone, she wanted her bhaiyya. She hugged herself and continued to cry when her cell buzzed again. She was about to cut the call again when she saw the screen flash bhaiyya.