Dancing At Midnight : Prologue B

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

A little busy will reply to PMs soon.

Sharma Mansion

Gauri, Shivaay and Tej walk in. Gauri looked ecstatic; Shivaay nonchalant and their manager Tej looked like he would faint any minute now.

Harshvardhan and Nayantara on seeing Tej's expression

Harshvardhan: "Is everything alrite?"

Nayantara: "Gauri, what did you do?"

Gauri happily: "Mama, I found him."

Nayantara confused: "Found whom?"

Gauri: "The one who is going to marry me."

Harshvardhan and Nayantara first shocked, and then start smiling. Harshvardhan picks up Gauri and make her sit on his lap.

Harshvardhan: "Who is it, princess?"

Gauri: "Omkara."

Nayantara shocked: "Tej's Omkara?"

Harshvardhan starts smiling, now that explained Tej's condition.

Gauri was about to nod, then stops and says: "He is now my Omkara. I am going to marry him."

Harshvardhan and Nayantara start laughing.

Few days later, it was Shivaay's birthday. Harshvardhan and Nayantara organized a grand party for Shivaay. Omkara was also invited.

Omkara was sitting in one corner and watching everyone. He hated these parties and these show offs. He was really pissed as he didn't want to come, but his baba had forced him to come. Suddenly, Gauri comes there.

Gauri smiles: "Omkara."

Omkara simply looks at her. Gauri sits next to him. They both sat there in silence.

After sometime, another girl about Gauri's age comes there.

Gauri: "Omkara, this is my beeest friend Bhavya."

Omkara gives a courtesy glance wondering why these two were hanging around him, and hoping that Bhavya had come to call Gauri away. But Bhavya kept looking at him in curiosity.

Finally, Omkara let his irritation show.

Omkara: "Why are you looking at me like this?"

Bhavya: "Are you going to marry Gauri?"

Omkara shocked out of his wits: "Hell NO!!"

Bhavya confused: "But Gauri said you are going to marry her."

They both turn to look at Gauri. She was looking at Omkara and she looked hurt.

Omkara: "Why did u tell her that I will marry you?"

Gauri's eyes were filling with tears: "You said you were not a fool."

Omkara having completely forgotten about their previous conversation: "And that means I will marry you?"

Gauri: "But..."

Omkara: "First grow up, and then talk about marriage."

Gauri with tears streaming down ran away to her room. Bhavya watches Gauri run away, and then turn to glare at Omkara, then with both hands, making a claw like shape with her fingers, she pinches him hard on both his cheeks, and Omkara couldn't help but scream out in pain. Then Bhavya ran off. Whatever the little guilt Omkara was feeling for being rude to Gauri, was now all gone!

Few minutes later, Harshvardhan and Tej comes there with an angry Bhavya.

Bhavya accusingly: "He told Gauri he won't marry her."

Tej: "Om, why did you have to tell her that?"

Omkara: "Then, what should have I told her, that I will marry her?"

Harshvardhan turns to Bhavya: "Bhavya, will you go see how Gauri is doing? She might need her best friend now."

Bhavya nods and with one last glare at Omkara, she walks off. Harshvardhan just shakes his head. Kids!

Tej: "You didn't have to break her heart."

Omkara shocked: "Baba! So I should just marry her?"

Harshvardhan trying to reason with him: "No Omkara, after you got her the balloons, you have become her hero but as time goes by she will forget all this. Till then, I am not asking you to entertain her, but I am just asking you, not to hurt her. Omkara, Gauri is just a baby."

When Omkara doesn't say anything, Harshvardhan just sighs.

Harshvardhan to Tej: "I will go see Gauri, (shaking his head) I never thought I would have to deal with all this, at least not this early."

Tej: "I will also come."

He glares at Omkara and walks off.

Gauri was sitting on her mother's lap and crying, while Nayantara tried consoling her and Bhavya sat with her.

Gauri: "Nobody wants me."

Nayantara almost in tears: "No baby, Mama had simply said that. You know everyone loves you."

Gauri: "No one loves me."

Harshvardhan hears this.

Harshvardhan: "How can you say that, Princess?"

Harshvardhan sits next to Nayantara.

Harshvardhan: "You know how much Papa loves u, how much Mama, bhaiyya, Tej Uncle and ur beeest friend Bhavya loves you right?"

Bhavya almost in tears: "I really love u, Gauri."

Nayantara: "Everyone loves you baby."

Gauri sadly: "Then, why doesn't Omkara want to marry me?"

Omkara: "Now, when did I say that I don't want to marry you?"

That's when everyone noticed, Omkara standing at the door.

Omkara walks in and kneels down in front of Gauri.

Omkara smiles: "When did I say, I didn't want to marry you...huh?"

Gauri confused: "Downstairs."

Omkara: "Oh that! I was just trying not to give myself any hope that you would want to marry me."

Gauri insists: "But I want to marry you."

Omkara: "Now you want to marry, and I will wait for u all my life and then, when you grow up, you will decide you don't want to marry me. And I will be heart broken."

Gauri smiles and with so much determination in her voice that send achill down their parents spine, she vowed: "I will wait for you all mylife, Omkara."

Please vote and comment

- Lazy