Bewitched : Part Seven

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

"Gauri, that is not the solution." Nani calmly tells her.

"Please, nani." Gauri pleads.

"Gauri, sit here." Nani says as she gently helped her up and made her sit on the bed. "Erasing the memory is not the right answer."

"Please nani... I can't bear the pain."

"You listen to me..." Nani gently tells her, "If you want to forget him then you need to remember him. You need those memories to forget, Gauri."

Gauri looks at her confused.

"I can take away the memory of him but not the love you feel for him." Nani tells her.

"But nani..."

"Love is not a memory, it is a feeling. And feelings are part of you, and no one can take that away. A strong feeling like love, is not easy to fight and we are children of nature, Gauri. The closest thing to nature is love. No one can separate love from us. The love has to die; there is no other way around it. How can you move on when that love will always remain in you?" Nani asks her cupping her face.

"This pain is too much, nani."

"Learn to deal with the pain that will help you deal with these memories and love. Then one day, this love will die."

"When will be that?"

"I don't know, Gauri."

"When I forget him, won't the feelings for him also be forgotten?" Gauri asks her.

"You will forget him but the feelings will be in you always, maybe you'll never know about these feelings ever, maybe you will."

"Then make me forget him, as long as I don't remember him, these feelings will not affect me."

*********************

"GAURI!" Om shouts as he angrily shook the gate.

"They left today morning." The neighbor tells him.

"Where did they go?" Om asks him as he limped to him.

"Don't know. Early morning saw them leave."

Om limps to the car to see Khanna looking at him sadly.

"Khanna" Om says in a clear tone regaining his composure.

"Yes, Sir?"

"Find her."

*********************

"You sure about this?" Nani asks her.

"Yes."

"You might feel gaps in your memory and might ask us about it."

"Then you'll lie to me." Gauri tells her.

"Think again, Gauri."

"I have decided, Nani."

"Okay." Nani says defeated.

"Before that, you might want to get rid of things that are connected to him." Bhavya tells her.

Gauri thinks for a while. "I gave back the ring he gave me. Nothing else."

"You might have his number saved in your phone right? You might start wondering who he is seeing his number on your mobile and might try to find out who it is." Bhavya says shrugging.

"Oh yes." Gauri says and taking her mobile and delete his number.

"Any emails? Chat messages?"

Gauri delete the messages they had send each other.

"That is it." Gauri tells them. "He could try calling me." Gauri wonders out loud.

"You need to change your number." Bhavya tells her.

Gauri nods and Bhavya removes the sim and puts it in a glass of water. "Sim got damaged, so you need to get a new sim."

Gauri nods.

"Okay... you ready?" Nani asks her.

"Yes."

"Where do you want me to store your memory?" Nani asks her.

"Store my memory?" Gauri asks confused.

"I can't kill these memories or destroy them. I can only take it from you and store it somewhere."

"Oh." Gauri wonders where she could store her memories and that is when she remembered the first thing she had to destroy. She hurries to her table and gets her diary. "In this."

Nani and Bhavya look at the diary.

GAURI OMKARA SINGH OBEROI

But they thank fully doesn't say anything.

"Okay, Gauri. I'll store your memory in this. All you have to do is touch it to get the memories back." Nani tells her.

Gauri nods her head nervously.

"Okay."

Nani keeps one hand on Gauri's head and the other on the diary. Then she stops, "I'll be taking this memory also."

"I know."

"And... where should I keep the diary? Or how should I know that you might want to remember him again and I should give the diary to you?"

"I never want to remember him again. And once you store my memory in that, please do one more thing for me." Gauri tells her looking her nani in the eye.

"What?"

"Burn that diary."

Please vote and comment

- Lazy