Bewitched : Part Nine

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

"Hi." Gauri says smiling at the stranger.

"Hi." Om croaks realizing she truly didn't recognize him.

Gauri turns to look at Nani with a smile waiting to be introduced.

"He got the wrong house. He is on his way out." Nani tells her.

"Oh!" Gauri couldn't hide her disappointment.

"I'll see him out." Nani says.

Om slowly starts walking out trying to come to terms with the fact that Gauri didn't recognize him anymore. How can he heal her broken heart if she has no memories of him?

"Please don't come again." Nani tells him in a whisper as she closed the gate. What she had feared happened. She could see Gauri's smitten look. This was what she had tried to tell Gauri and Bhavya. The memories meant nothing when the feelings were so strong. She didn't need to remember him to feel her love for him.

Realizing he had already come out and Gauri was still inside the house, he says "I want to talk to her."

"No. please don't create a scene. She is happy now, let her be happy."

Nani closes the door and goes to the kitchen. Gauri disappointed looks out the window to see the stranger still there looking confused. She quietly sneaks out. She didn't know why she felt this pull towards him, as if he was everything to her. She wanted to be with him. Stay with him. Belong to him. Gauri chuckles at her own stupidity, completely in love with a stranger.

Hearing the door open, Om turns back and stands there shocked seeing Gauri coming out.

"Nani said you got the wrong house. You looked confused so I thought maybe I could help you." Gauri says smiling.

Om couldn't help remembering the first time they had talked. That time he had acted as if he had come to the wrong house.

"Who were you looking for?"

You.

Then he smiles, realizing that it didn't matter if she doesn't remember him. They can make new memories, beautiful pleasant memories.

"Shivaay."

"Shivaay? Sorry... I don't know... we just moved in like 2 weeks back." Gauri tells him smiling.

"Oh..."

"I am sorry."

"It's okay." Om says smiling.

"I like your car." Gauri says pointing at his black Maserati.

Om smiles, he so could see where this conversation was headed.

"Thanks. Omkara Singh Oberoi."

"Gauri Kumari Sharma."

Then they remained silent.

"Shivaay is my college mate... I was told this was his house." Om informs her.

"Oh!" then her face falls.

"Is there a problem?" Om asks upset seeing her upset.

"Are you getting married?"

Om chuckles, "Nope... no wife, no girlfriend and no fiance."

"What?" Gauri asks confused.

"I thought I should get that out of the way because I wanted to ask you something."

"Ask me? What?"

"Would you like to have coffee with me?" Om asks her with a smile.

Gauri blushes, "Would love to."