Bewitched : Part Eleven

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Om curiously opens the diary and his heart stops beating seeing the first entry.

Today, I met Omkara Singh Oberoi. I don't know much about him; all I know is that I want to spend the rest of my life with him because with him I felt I belonged.

Om flipped through the pages reading about the way Gauri loved him not even aware of the tears falling from his eyes.

Yet again, I made a fool of myself but he seems to like it now. I feel he waits every day to see what stupidity I do or say that day. I don't mind that because I know, he means it in a good way. He can never hurt me. Today, he tweaked my nose and I blushed. I love him. I want to tell him about myself but I am scared what if he leaves me like how Papa left Mama? How will I ever live without him? Omkara Singh Oberoi is my life, my love, my everything. Without him I am nothing. Nothing at all because he is the magic of my non-magical life.

He is the magic of my non-magical life.
"Oh God!" Om groans in pain.

Gauri nervously stood as she watched her nani going from here to there.

"Why do you look so nervous?"

"Nervous? Me?" Gauri asks with a fake laugh.

Nani starts frowning at her while Gauri prayed that she didn't look into her past and find her with Omkara.

Nani watches her for a while and then smiles, "I am going to lie down for a while. It was so hot outside."

"Okay nani." Gauri says happily. Gauri watches her go to her room and close the door, and she dashes to the attic.

Now not only my heart and soul, my body too belongs to him. I love him and he loves me. He wants to marry me. He doesn't believe that I am a witch but he said it wouldn't matter to him because he loves me so much. He is not like Papa. He will never hurt me. Tomorrow I am going to meet his family, I hope I don't say anything stupid or embarrass him. I hope they will like me. After that, he will meet Nani and very soon I'll be Mrs. Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi, the happiest, luckiest and most loved bride in the world.

The pain was too much for Om to bear. The way Gauri had loved and trusted him, and he had broken her heart mercilessly. She had dreamt of a life with him, of being his wife and he had insulted her and betrayed her in front of his family. He had showed them all their most private moment. He had mocked the moment she had told him she loves him for the first time and the moment she had given herself to him completely because she loved him and trusted him, she had believed in him and his love.

"Omkara?" Gauri calls him in panic as she hurried to him.

Om looks up her in shock as he quickly closed the diary and hid it behind him.

"What are you reading? What happened? Why are you crying?"

"No, Gauri... nothing." Om says as he wiped his tears and started to leave. "Where is your nani? Is it okay if I leave now?"

"What are you hiding behind you, Omkara?" Gauri asks him worried.

"Nothing, Gauri. I'll see you later." Om says as he tried to walk past her.

Gauri quickly holds his hand and brings it forward. Seeing the diary she starts frowning.

"Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi?" Gauri looks at him in shock. "What is that?"

"It's nothing, Gauri." Om says quickly as he struggled to pull his hand away.

"Our names are on it." Gauri says shocked. "Let me see."

"No."

"No? Why?" Gauri asks shocked.

"I don't want you to see." Om says lack of anything else to say as his brain had stopped working.

"Is that some kind of a prophecy? Like about our future?" Gauri asks. "That is why our name is on it, right?"

Om looks at her confused, not clearly understanding what she meant by that.

"It is, isn't it?" Gauri asks getting scared. "But why did you cry? What is going to happen to us?"

Seeing her worried he says as he shifted the book to his other free hand "Nothing, Gauri."

"Then show it to me."

"Stop it, Gauri. I am going."

"Omkara, I said I want to see it." Gauri says as she tried to snatch the book from his hand.

Om lifts his hand up but couldn't leave as she was holding his other hand.

"Something terrible is going to happen to us, right?" Gauri asks panicking. "One of us is going to die?"

"NO! Don't be silly."

"Then show it to me."

"What is the fun in knowing the future, Gauri? There won't be any thrill to life if we know what is going to happen next. So I don't want you to read it."

"So it is a prophecy."

"Yes." Om says seeing that she was distracted and her grip has loosened. He flicks his hand and she leaves it without realizing it as she looked at him.

"Why did you cry?"

"Tears of joy."

"Joy?"

"Yeah, we are going to be very happy."

Gauri looks at him curiously.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Gauri." Om tells her and starts to walk off when Gauri tries to snatch the diary from his hand but his death grip on it had made her attempt useless.

But she had touched the diary and all the memories came crashing down onher.

Please vote and comment

- Lazy