Lemons & Lemonade : Part One

Thanks to all for voting and commenting for the epilogue of Bewitched. Here is the new story as promised.

LEMONS & LEMONADE

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Gauri paid for the taxi and collecting her luggage, she dashed to the porch to save herself from getting drenched. She shivered as she kept her bag on the floor and rung the bell. She hoped someone was awake at this time and prayed that he not be home. She couldn't go back to her sister's place. Thinking of what she had witnessed there she wanted to puke, she had puked twice on the way.

Taking deep breaths, she rang the bell again. Priyanka was supposed to get back today from her cousins' place. Let him not be here, she prayed as she hugged herself. She hears the door unlocking, and she starts to smile at Priyanka or her parents, whoever was opening the door. Her smile froze on her face as she saw the person who opened the door.

Omkara Singh Oberoi!

After 6 long years the heart break was still fresh as she took in his handsome features. He was looking his best at 30 yrs, he was never this handsome. He looked shocked in seeing her then he hesitantly smiles, "Gauri... long time."

"Priyanka?" she asks shivering ignoring the pleasantries.

"You are shivering!" he says noticing her condition, "Come inside." he says as he took her hand and walked inside. Once she got in, he took her bag and followed her in.

"Where is Priyanka?" Gauri asks as he got her a towel and started wiping her head roughly.

Gauri quickly takes over, as he being so close to her, was making her heart beat like drums and she was scared he would hear her heart beating. "I am fine." Gauri says indirectly asking him to stop.

Om leaves her and moves back. "Is everything alrite, Gauri?" he asks in concern.

Gauri nods her head, "I will go see Priyanka. Uncle and Aunty are not at home?" she asks as she started collecting her bags.

"Only I am here." Om replies.

Gauri's heart stops beating as she asks hopefully, "They haven't reached yet? They are on their way?"

"They extended their trip for a week." Om replies.

"Oh!" Gauri panics as she wondered what to do, she couldn't go back to her sister's, and she definitely cannot go back home till Sunday, she had promised her mother.

"Were you planning to stay here?" Om asks suspiciously.

Gauri nods her head as she wondered what to do.

"You were staying with Svetlana, right?" Om asks.

Hearing her sister's name from his mouth she looks at him in shock. How did he know that? Was he still in love with her? Was he keeping tabs on her?

Seeing her shock he clarifies, "I heard Priyanka tell mom that you were in town and was staying at Svetlana's."

Gauri nods her head. "Okay, I will leave then." Gauri says as she starts to collect her things.

"Are you crazy? It is raining outside. Sit down." Om tells her as he snatches her bag from her and keeps it away.

"I can't stay here."

"What happened?" Om asks ignoring her comment.

"Nothing." Gauri replies.

"Are you saying that on an impulse you decided to leave your sister's house on a rainy night?" Om asks in a challenging tone.