Dancing At Midnight : Part Nine

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Gauri was crying as she thought about what she heard. She had been crying the whole day remembering that she had been just a bet for Omkara. She knew he always made bets but she never thought he would make a bet on her. Was everything a lie for the bet? Gauri wondered sadly. She wanted to talk to Bhaiyya or Bhavya but then what was she going to tell them? That Omkara did something like this to her? How could Omkara do this to her? How could he ever do this? Then she stops in shock, he could never do something like this. What if she had over reacted or misunderstood? Her Omkara would never do something that would hurt others. No, he could never do it. It is not in him to hurt others. Wiping her tears she hurries to college to talk to him when she realizes that it was already dark. She takes her mobile and calls him, he had tried calling her a couple of times but she had ignored his calls. His mobile was coming engaged. She walks to her hostel and finds Ajay, Dandi and Varun. Dandi was on the phone.

"Gauri... listen..." Ajay hurries to her worriedly.

"You don't have to tell me anything." Gauri tells them. "I over reacted. Omkara can never do anything like that. I trust him."

Ajay starts smiling in relief, "You scared us."

"I tried calling him but his mobile is coming engaged." Gauri tells him worried. "Is he angry with me?"

"He is not... he was worried that you were angry with him."

Gauri tries his number again and it was coming engaged. "Engaged. Can you ask him to call me?"

Ajay looks at Dandi who was still on the phone.

"You go inside, it is late. He'll call you." Dandi tells her.

"Are you on the phone with him?" Gauri asks eagerly noticing he was on the phone.

"No."

"Okay... if you see him, please tell him that I am sorry and to please call me... okay?"

"Don't worry, Gauri. You go in now."

Nodding Gauri goes inside her hostel.

"She is coming in." Dandi informs Omkara on the phone and hangs up.

Gauri tries Omkara's number as she opened the door and entered her room. It was switched off now. Sighing sadly she locks the door when she feels something on her feet and looks down to find red and blue balloons all over the room. Confused she looks up to find Omkara leaning on the wall smiling at her.

"Omkara!" Gauri says happily as she hurried to him trying not to burst the balloons. She hugs him and says crying, "I am sorry, Omkara. I don't know why I suddenly thought you were with me because of the bet. I am so sorry I slapped you."

Omkara with a smile wipes her tears.

"I trust you, Omkara."

"I heard you tell that to Ajay." Omkara tells her smiling. "I was on the phone with Dandi then."

"Are you angry with me?"

"I was but then I realize that it is all because of that stupid bet."

"Stupid bet?"

"Yes." Omkara tells her smiling. "That day, after the issue with Gaur, I was trying to tell you everything and you were acting all that is no big deal. Remember?"

"Yeah." Gauri says confused.

"And the next day Shivaay and his friend came to see you, and Ajay and the gang started making fun of me saying that I was behaving like a love sick puppy while you were acting as if I don't mean a thing. I was kind of drunk and I made a bet with them that you would be the one who would confess first. "