Dancing At Midnight : Prologue A

Hello everyone,

So sorry for going off like that... I thought I would be able to post through Ramadan, but I didn't get time during Ramadan then kind of got busy and lazy to post. Very sorry to keep you all waiting. Will try to post once a week from now on. In Shaa Allah

TAPP!!!

Shivaay turned to look at the source of the sound, and found his 5 yr old sister sitting in the back seat in shock. He sniggered at her. Gauri looked at her brother and pouted, which somehow made her older brother smile even more. She turned to the elderly man sitting next to her.

Gauri sadly: "Tej Uncle, my balloon."

She took the remnants of the balloon and dangled it in front of his face.

Tej: "No more, Gauri. That was the second balloon. Look at Shivaay, he still has his balloon."

Shivaay smiles proudly.

Gauri looks down in shame: "Sorry."

Tej: "It's okay."

Gauri: "Will you get me another balloon?"

Tej: "No."

Gauri: "Please, Tej Uncle."

Tej: "No, Gauri. You can't always have whatever you want in life."

Gauri becoming adamant: "But I want balloon."

Shivaay: "Mama is right. You are too much trouble. And no one will marry you, if you are like this. And poor Papa will have a tough time finding a man who will have you."

Shivaay was quite proud of himself, not only was he able to repeat his mother's exact words, he was able to give Gauri that exact expression that their mother gave Gauri while saying this.

Gauri's eyes filled with tears, and she said softly: "I will find a man to marry me."

Tej sighs. Shivaay and Gauri were like his own children. For him, they and Om were no different. But more than Om and Shivaay, Gauri was closer to him. She confided in him everything all her secrets, her fear, her insecurities. And she had confided in him, more than once, her fear of never finding a man who will have her, and her poor Papa going in search for a man who will marry her. And the last time, when she had confided in him, she had found the perfect solution to her problem, she will herself, find the man who will marry her, and save her Papa all the trouble.

Gauri's tears were one thing that he cud never see.

Tej: "On our way back we will buy you a new balloon."

Gauri immediately smiles, and hugs him: "Thank you, Tej Uncle."

Shivaay again imitating his mother: "You are the one who is spoiling her."

They reach Tej's chawl.

Tej: "I have some work here, I will come back soon."

Shivaay and Gauri both nod their heads.

Tej: "Gauri, don't get out of the car."

Gauri though irritated, as he had issued that order solely at her and not Shivaay, she decided not to make a fuss, else she won't get her balloon. So, she simply nods.

After, Tej leaves, the driver also goes out. Shivaay notices some children playing, a little further away.

Shivaay: "Gauri, I am going to play with them."

Gauri: "Even I am coming."

Shivaay: "No, only boys are playing. And remember what Tej Uncle said?"