Something Wonderful : Part Six

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Gauri sees Omkara calling her and she excitedly takes her cell phone and runs to her room. "Omkara... what happened earlier?" Gauri asks as she picked up the call.

"I was a little disturbed then." Omkara says vaguely.

"You were worried about the function at your restaurant?" Gauri asks.

Omkara's restaurant was going to celebrate its first anniversary. "I guess."

"Don't worry, it is going to be great, Omkara." Gauri tries to reassure him.

Omkara smiles hearing her, "Gauri, it would mean a lot to me if you can come for the party."

"Me?" Gauri asks shocked.

"Yeah. I want you to be a part of it."

"How will I come, Omkara? Your family will be there." Gauri tells him.

"That's okay, Gauri." Omkara tells her, when she appeared not convinced, he tells her "It would feel incomplete without you."

"I will try, Omkara." Gauri tells him. Gauri hears her father calling her. "Omkara, papa is calling me down. I'll talk to you later."

Gauri comes down and finds her parents sitting together with Bhavya watching tv close by.

"Papaa" Gauri happily goes to him as she hugs him.

"Looks like your mood changed." Harsh says happily seeing her happy.

"I am happy." Gauri says as she hugs him.

"We called you because we got a new proposal for you."

Gauri's loses her smile and goes silent, which didn't go unnoticed by her parents.

"We are not even sure whether we want to proceed with this further." Vasundhara tells her.

"Then don't." Gauri says too quickly.

"Why?" Harsh asks suspiciously.

"I am not interested." Gauri says hesitantly.

"You don't even know the guy." Vasundhara tells her.

"Who is he?" Gauri asks unable to hide her irritation.

"His name is Rudra." Vasundhara tells her.

"Omkara's cousin?" Gauri asks shocked.

"How did you know that?" Harsh asks her while Gauri goes pale.

"What is going on between you and him?" Vasundhara asks in anger.

"We are friends." Gauri tells her.

"Friends? Didn't we tell you not to talk to him anymore?" Vasundhara asks her while Gauri remains silent.

"Gauri..." Harsh lovingly calls her name, she looks at him and says "we are your parents; you can tell us whatever it is."

Gauri remains lost in thoughts wondering what to say when Harsh asks her "What is Omkara Singh Oberoi to you?"

Gauri takes a deep breath and finally tells him, "I like him, Papa."

"YOU LIKE HIM? DID YOU FORGET WHAT HE DID?" Vasundhara asks angrily.

"WHAT DID HE DO, MAMA?" Gauri asks her angrily. "If you forgot I was the one who called off the wedding, NOT HIM!"

"GAURI!" Harsh says her name in anger. "This is not the way to talk to your mother."

Gauri looks at her sadly and says "When you say bad things about him, I can't take it."

Harsh sighs realizing what he had been suspecting was true. "What about him?"

"I don't know." Gauri tells him.

"He is not ready to marry now." Harsh states.

"Yes."

"So, what do you want to do?" Harsh asks her.

Finally, she accepted and told him the truth that she had been suspecting for a long time now, "I want to wait for him."

Vasundhara gasps. "For how long?" Vasundhara asks.

"I don't know." Gauri honestly and helplessly replies.

"You do know that we have to get Bhavya married after you." Vasundhara reminds her.

"Oh please! I am not going to marry till I am a certified doctor." Bhavya tells her.

"That gives me 3 years." Gauri tells her parents.

"Gauri, you said you don't know what his stand is." Harsh reminds her.

Gauri nods her head.

"You do realize that being your parents we can't let this go on, right?" Harsh asks her.

"But Papa, Omkara... he is... i..." Gauri stammers, as she struggled to find any excuse or words that would convince her parents, finally she ends with a "please..."

"We can't let you ruin your life, Gauri." Harsh says with finality and he gets up and leaves, and Vasundhara follows him. Gauri turns to look at Bhavya sadly who was giving her i-told-you-so look.

Omkara hears his cell ringing and seeing that it is Rudra he takes the call with a groan.

"What?"

"You have her number, right?" Rudra asks.

"Whose number?" Omkara asks irritated fully aware who he was talking about.

"Gauri, who else?" Rudra asks irritated.

"Why you want her number?" Omkara asks angrily.

"I don't want. That I will get later. I want you to call her and invite her for your restaurant party."

"WHY?" Omkara asks shocked.

"I want to meet her. You are so dumb!"

"Why do you want to meet her?" Omkara asks possessively.

"Try to understand, O. I love her." Rudra says shyly while Omkara makes puking faces.

"Why would she come if I call her?"

"Please try, O."

"She is not going to come." Omkara lies.

"Please O, you have to do it!" Rudra stubbornly says.

I asked Gauri to come and now Rudra will think that I asked her to come because he asked me to. And once she comes, he is going to meet her, and she is going to fall for his dreamy eyes and muscles!!!

"Do this for me, brother."

"Just keep the damn phone, Rudra." Omkara says irritated and hangs up.

Bhavya was sleeping when Gauri crept near her and gently started shaking her awake. "Bhavya, wake up."

Bhavya opens her eyes and frowns at her, "What is it?"

"Omkara asked me to go to the party at his restaurant tomorrow." Gauri tells her.

"And?" Bhavya asks.

"I want to go."

"Why?"

"He said it would mean a lot to him if I go there."

"Okay. Go then." Bhavya tells her as she tried to go back to sleep. "Bhavya..." Gauri shakes her again.

Bhavya looks at her and sees her making puppy faces at her, and Bhavya says with a dramatic sigh. "Okay, I will go with you."

Please vote and comment

- Lazy