Bewitched : Part One

Hello everyone,

Based on most of your choice, I am posting Bewitched here, after that it will be Lemons & Lemonade:) Hope you guys will like it. And thank you all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

Gauri looks at her Nani and Bhavya, and then she turns her attention back to the pen on the table.
"Just concentrate, Gauri." Bhavya gently guides her.
Gauri takes a deep breath and wills the pen to levitate.
Rise... no... no... I should imagine the pen rising... Okay... imagining the pen rising... okay imagining... imagining... why is the damn thing not rising? Is it because it is heavy? Or is it because I am a useless witch without any witchy powers?
"Concentrate, Gauri." Nani tells her.
"I am concentrating." Gauri replies as she stared at the pen.
Now rise. Maybe I should have used a feather instead of a pen? A feather is light weight, it would have risen easily. Or a bird maybe? That would have risen by itself... birds can fly and I like birds... maybe I should keep a pet... hmmm interesting... maybe I should keep a pigeon... hmmm how about a parrot?... a parrot would be really interesting... it will talk to me... and we can be friends... maybe I'll name it Tutu...
"Are you concentrating, Gauri?" Nani asks suspiciously.
"Yes, Nani." Gauri quickly replies realizing she had stopped staring at the pen; she resumed glaring at the pen.
Rise you stupid idiot... if it was Tutu it would have risen long back... wouldn't have disgraced me like this.
"You are not concentrating, Gauri!" Nani says angrily.
"I AM!" Gauri says offended.
"You are looking at the foot of the table instead of the pen." Bhavya tells her.
Gauri sighs dramatically, "I can't do this. I am not a good witch."
"You are still a witch." Nani reminds her.
"I have never done any magic in my life, so for all you know I could be a normal human. After all I am not born out of true love!"
"Your mother loved your father, so you were born out of love. And you have done magic before. I've seen you do magic when you were a kid."
"You keep saying that, I don't remember doing anything." Gauri tells her irritated.
Nani stares at Gauri's eyes and suddenly Gauri's mind is filled with images of a toddler Gauri levitating things.
"Fine... fine! I'll try once more." Gauri tells her wanting to stop her Nani from evading her mind; she didn't like anyone roaming around inside her head.
Nani turns to look at the pen and the vision vanishes from Gauri's mind.

"I give up!" Gauri says tired from staring at the damn pen. She hated that pen, if it was Pintu, as she had decided to name her parrot Pintu instead of tutu, would have been flying around saving her from all this torture.
Nani and Bhavya sighs giving up.
"I'll just get married to the next guy I meet and lead a normal life." Gauri tells them walking off then stopping at the door, she turns to Bhavya, "Maybe Bhavya Maasi, you can teach me about the spell of staying young... not now, maybe when I turn 29... I am already dreading 30s." Gauri tells her grinning.
Bhavya was nearing 50 but she didn't look a day older than 28. "Aging naturally is a good thing, Gauri. When you stop your growth at an age, you tend to give up on your life and friends. You need to keep moving as people don't get suspicious about why you are not growing old." Bhavya tells her.
"You regret it?"
"I should have listened to my mother." Bhavya says looking at her mother.
"Can't you reverse the spell?" Gauri asks her curiously.
"I can but then from 28 to 52 overnight is not a good transformation and it is kind of a depressing thing." Bhavya tells her sighing.
"You should never misuse your powers." Nani gently tells them.
"That is why I am not using my powers to even lift a pen." Gauri cheekily tells them and walks off.

"Do you think she meant it when she said she is going to marry the next guy she meets?" Bhavya asks her.
"I do believe she meant that. Being a witch and not able to perform magic is taking a toll on her. It is kind of making her feel as if she doesn't belong." Nani says sadly looking at the door Gauri just walked away.
Bhavya remains silent for a while and then shouts "GAURIIII!!!"
"Yeaah?" Gauri says as she come back frowning.
"Sit next to me." Bhavya tells her. Gauri sits next to her and Bhavya quickly takes hold of her hand and goes into a trance.
"What is she doing?" Gauri asks Nani in a whisper.
Nani shrugs in reply.
"Okay... Go." Bhavya says coming out of her trance.
"What were you trying to do?" Gauri asks her frowning.
"Read your thoughts." Bhavya replies shrugging.
Gauri gasps in outrage, "You can read my thoughts? Did you?"
"No... I am just learning. Maybe I need more practice."
"Well... practice on someone else." Gauri tells her pissed and walks off.

"What did you see?" Nani asks when Gauri was out of earshot.
"She will get married but to a man who would be like her father." Bhavya tells her.
"No!" Nani says in dread and horror.
"I can't let what happened to Padmini happen to her."
"There is a great love for her but it is not in her destiny. Her soul mate is there but she is never going to cross path with him." Bhavya tells her.
"She is not going to marry her soul mate?" Nani asks.
"No they are not going to meet ever." Bhavya replies.
"I won't have what happened to Padmini, happen to her daughter also." Padmini had married Malik, and was in love with him and they were happy too but when he found out that she was a witch he had abandoned her and their unborn baby. Padmini could never come out of it and her life was ruined because of that.
"What are you going to do?" Bhavya asks suddenly worried.
"I am going to change her destiny." Nani says determined.
"You say we shouldn't misuse our power."
"Protecting my grandchild's life is not misusing my power. What is her soul mate's name?"
"Omkara Singh Oberoi."
Nani nods and then she goes into a trance as she chanted changing their destiny.

Meanwhile at Om's office

"Rudra is so in love with her, he won't believe me when I tell him that she is a gold digger." Om listens to his mother sniffing on the phone. "He is going to ruin his life."
"No, Mom. I won't let him ruin his life. I'll prove to him that she is not as innocent as he thinks." Om promises her.
"What are you going to do?" Jhanvi asks him.
"By hook or crook I'm going to save my brother's life." Om says and hangs up the phone.

Om was on the phone when Khanna walks in. "Sir, I got the girl's address and photo." Khanna says in a whisper as he offered him a photo.

Om points him to keep it on the table. Khanna takes a last look at the address on the back of the photo to read the details, Ria Kapoor, Flat No 803, Skyscrapers Apartments and confirming again all the details were correct he keeps it on the table and leaves. Om hangs up the phone and was about to take the photo when wind blew it away to fall on the floor. Om turns to look at the window furiously wondering who had opened it and sees it closed. He frowns wondering where the wind had suddenly come from; maybe the AC was acting weird. He gets up from his chair and retrieves the photo. He looks at the photo of the beautiful girl, no wonder Rudra is so smitten, she is so beautiful and looks like an innocent girl. Then he turns over the photo to read the details of the gold digger who was out to get his brother. Gauri Kumari Sharma, Villa No 16, Royal Enclave.

Please vote and comment

- Lazy