Something Wonderful : Part One

Hello everyone, here is the new story.

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

Gauri always went with her instincts, and her instincts were telling her to have nothing to do with this man. There is something seriously wrong with him, he seems distant and hesitant- in short, he didn't look interested. He hardly spoke the one hour he was here, only replied if he was directly asked something that too in monosyllables. He didn't speak much when they were left alone by their elders to talk privately, if anything he seemed more uncomfortable. She was getting strong negative vibes from him, she felt like just getting up from there and leaving. But she had no choice other than to sit through this whole charade. After another excruciating seventeen minutes, his family said that they will get back to them with their reply soon but Gauri already knew what the answer was going to be when she noticed him jumping up from his chair immediately.

The moment his car left their compound her sister pounced on her "So what do you think?"

"I don't know." Gauri replied evasively.

"Don't know? Does that mean it is a yes?" Bhavya teased her.

"He is so quiet." Gauri said with a frown as she wondered why her family was smiling at her expectantly.

"Aren't you the one who wanted a serious guy who spoke less?" Bhavya asks confused.

"Yeah! But this guy... he was too... I don't know. He didn't feel right." Gauri says as she looked at her parents who were exchanging confused and upset looks at each other.

"He is a nice boy, Gauri. He is qualified, polite, well spoken, good family, and good looking too. Then what is the problem?" her mother asked her gently.

"He didn't talk to me, he felt so uncomfortable."

Harsh starts chuckling hearing her "That's because you are the first girl he is seeing; the first-time people tend to be nervous and uncomfortable. You do remember how you were when you met Mukund, right?"

"I don't know, Papa!" Gauri says dejectedly as she hugged her father.

"Why don't you sleep over it and tell me your decision in the morning?" Harsh asks her as he hugged her lovingly.

"Okay." Gauri replies and goes to her room followed by Bhavya.

Gauri was lying on her bed as she flipped through the magazine distractedly as her mind was on the impending decision, she was to make the next day. She hears the door opening softly and looks up to see her mother at the door.

"Didn't sleep?" Vasundhara asked her.

"No." Gauri replied.

"Do you want to talk?" Vasundhara asked her daughter lovingly.

"Did you like him?" Gauri asked her.

"Yes." Vasundhara replies as she sits next to her daughter "I didn't see anything wrong with him. He is from such a rich and influential family still he is so down to earth. Whoever we asked, they all said that we will never find a guy better than him for you. Everybody has only good things to say about him. I know your problem is that he didn't talk much, it might have been because that he was nervous or that so many people were there."

"I feel they will say no." Gauri tells her.

"Why do you feel like that?" Vasundhara asks her shocked.

"I don't know... he didn't seem interested."

"Is it because of him not talking much?"

"Yeah." Gauri said, not wanting to tell her about him jumping up from his chair so fast, making her feel that he wanted to leave quickly.