Chapter Thirty-seven ⭐💚

Narrated by JASON

Lemon is dead. I don't care if it sounds cold but I don't care. I'm glad even. But her being dead doesn't change the fact that Kin's still missing, and now with her gone, it'll be twice as hard to find Kin. We're all convinced she's behind Kin's disappearance, now all we got to do is find the girl. She must be terrified. This is the exact reason why her parents didn't want her to ever leave home, to always stay inside.

I entered my room and threw my bag on my bed. I noticed a pendant on my bed, it had golden strings that held up a symbol of some sort. It was a snake with the body of a crap. I picked it up and held it in my hand, it bit me and I felt as something entered my hand. I threw the pendant away from me because my hand was burning. As the heat of snake movement coursed through me.

My hand turned blue and the burn travelled up my arm and spread throughout my body. I began itching all over and started scratching as much of my body as I could. It suddenly stopped, and I thought that now would be a great time to take a nap. Which isn't me, because I don't take naps in the afternoon. I'm not a toddler anymore, but the exhaustion devoured me and I gave up.

I laid on my bed, I'm not one to take long before I fall asleep. However, I always have no idea when I'm dreaming. Like now. I saw himself in a dark hallway that lead up to a red door. Two men were guarding it, I walked up to them.

"Jason Miller, you're expected," they said together and one of them opened the door that led me in.

I walked into the dark office. My eyes couldn't see much, it was like the office doesn't exist. There was just a black cloud of nothingness around. What I could see was a desk with a man standing behind it. He was facing the wall, looking at a painting.

"Please, come in and take a seat."

I walked up to the desk and took a seat. The man remained looking at the painting for a short while before he sat down. I looked at the painting, the same icon from the pendant. A red crab body with the body of two snakes. One green snake and the other red.

The man had reptilian green and yellow eyes with paperwhite face. "Jason... my son,"

"I'm notcha son,"

The man grinned. Revealing his skinny pointy teeth, "have you ever heard of T.U.P and the C.F.S?"

I nodded my head. Two organizations that I really can't stand. So why is this man mentioning them? I hoped that he isn't trying to recruit me or kill me on the spot.

"Their argument is silly, don't you think? One wants supernatural beings to live how they want openly, the other wants to restrict our power. But what about the other side?"

"Which side?"

The man smirked. "Which side of the fight do you stand on?"

I shrugged and frowned. "None. None of the two sides stands for me,"

"I'm glad that you understand our fight. How can we fix this problem? By taking control of both sides. By making sure we get fifty-fifty from both sides. A bit of both, only the advantages of course,"

I shook my head. "I don't want to be part of no cult or organization,"

"You have to be in control of your own life. If you don't decide to take this path then you might as well let them decide your future," the man rose to his feet. "Let me show you something,"

I got to my feet as well. The painting turned into a portrait of a man, it was like it was painting itself. "This canvas draws the future. Shows you the exact truth,"

The man was tall in the painting. He wore a black suit with a gold chain around his neck and an expensive watch on his wrist. His hair was pitch black and split in the middle and underneath his eyes, circles appeared. It was me? He puckered his lips, "so at least someone becomes stylish in the future,"