Lazy Day

Bucky woke up after a restless night and heard the shower running. He had had several nightmares the previous night and neither he or Steve hadn't gotten much sleep on account of it.

He groggily dragged himself out of bed and put on a pair of sweatpants and a black t-shirt before going into the bathroom. Steve was humming softly in the shower and it made Bucky smile as he brushed his teeth, writing "I love you" in the steam on the mirror.

The shower stopped as Bucky finished washing his face. Steve wrapped a towel around his waist and smiled at Bucky's message on the mirror. "Good morning, love."

"Hey baby." He replied as he sat on the counter between the two sinks. Steve gave him a kiss before hugging him.

"You doing okay? Last night was tough." He spoke softly as he played with Bucky's messy hair.

Bucky wrapped his arms around Steve, letting them rest just above the towel around his waist. "Can we take a lazy day? I'm just tired."

"Of course we can." He smiled, keeping his arm around Bucky as he brushed his teeth. When he was finished, he looked down and saw Bucky was asleep against him.

He picked him up and carried him back to bed before changing and crawling in beside him. Truth be told, Steve had hoped for a day like this. He hadn't slept much with Bucky's nightmares and after Bucky would fall back asleep, he'd stay up watching him just in case. He was exhausted and it took everything he had to get up and go for a run with Sam that morning.

The two crashed hard and, luckily, neither had any nightmares. Bucky woke up hours later to find that he was diagonal in bed with his head hanging off the side. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, seeing it was past noon. Steve was still snoring and curled in a ball, which made Bucky chuckle.

He curled up behind Steve and kissed his neck. "It's almost 1 in the afternoon." He whispered, rubbing circles on his arm.

"Can we make brownies?" He mumbled with his eyes still closed.

Bucky laughed. "Yes, we can go make brownies if you wake up." 

Steve rolled over to face Bucky and planted a kiss on his lips. "How'd you sleep? No nightmares?"

"No nightmares." He confirmed with a smile. "Come on, let's go make brownies."

Steve smiled, wrapping himself around Bucky. "Carry me."

Bucky chuckled, standing up and carrying Steve to the kitchen. They made the brownies together and, after Steve put them in the oven, they began licking the bowl clean.

Steve looked up at Bucky after eating a spoonful of the raw batter and began laughing. Bucky, who had batter all over his nose and cheeks, looked at him confused.

"What?" He questioned.

"You have batter all over your face." Steve explained through giggles.

"You do too." Bucky countered.

"What? Where?" He asked, wiping his face with his hands.

"Right there!" He haphazardly wiped batter on his face.

"You little shit." He laughed as Bucky continued to lick the bowl clean. "You're lucky you're cute."

"I know." He chuckled. "I love you."

"I love you too."