Angry Morning

Three fifty-seven. It was three fifty-seven in the morning and Bucky was wide awake. Wide a-fucking-wake. He'd fallen asleep around midnight and now, after three hours and fifty seven minutes, he was awake.

He tossed and turned before settling on his stomach. If he closed his eyes, he'd fall back asleep eventually. He had to. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Nope, can't stand that. He was tearing that clock down first thing in the morning. Steve was wrong; there was no need for a traditional clock in their room when they already had a digital one. You can't even read a traditional clock at night, what was the point?

Increasingly agitated by the sound, he pulled his pillow over his head with a huff.

Okay, relax. Just close your eyes and sleep will come back. The clock can come down in the morning. It's morning now though. Actually, in Bucharest, it's getting closer to noon. Can people have pet otters? That'd be cute. Roy? Daisy? No, no, Tiberius the otter. He'd be badass. Tiberius Bartholomew...otter? Do animals have last names? Is their species their last name since they're technically related? No that wouldn't make sense, humans are the same species. But animals don't need to tell each other apart like people. That clock is obnoxious. So is Steve's breathing. This man's too close to me. The blankets weigh too much. My hair's on my face. Oh my God.

"Oh my God." He groaned, turning to his back and kicking the covers off of himself completely. He looked at the digital clock on his nightstand again, 4:31. How had that much time passed and he was still wide awake?

"What's wrong with you?" Steve's asked, his voice raspy with sleep as he pulled the blankets Bucky had knocked off of him back over himself.

"I'm awake and that clock's got to go." He growled, throwing himself off the bed angrily. "Go back to sleep."

"Okay goodnight." Steve was unbothered and fell back asleep with ease.

Bucky got to his feet, tore the clock off the wall and removed the battery, dropped both items on the dresser, and walked out of the room.

Might as well just start his day. At least he could go eat something now that he was awake. He went to the bathroom first, going pee before washing his hands and looking in the mirror. What was going on with his hair?

It had been growing longer again, but today it was sitting weird on his head. He ran his fingers through it, then a comb, neither helped fix it. He could feel the end of the hairs resting on the back of his neck and couldn't stand it. Fuck it.

He opened the cabinet and pulled out the hair clippers. He put a guard on the razor and began running it over his head, hair falling to the floor.

Once his hair was cut short once again, he put the clippers away. He went to get the broom to sweep up the hair but ran into the bathroom door.

"Oh motherfucker." He cussed, clenching his fists. This day sucked. He'd sleep the entire thing away but he didn't even have the luxury of sleep.

After cleaning up the hair, and successfully dodging the door on his way out of the room this time, he went to the kitchen to make food. Fried eggs and bacon. That would be good. That would fix his anger, right?

Wrong. The eggs didn't flip right, the bacon grease splattered and burned his arm, he was done. Completely and utterly done.

He threw the food in the trash can in a barely-contained rage before grabbing the box of Captain Crunch and the carton of milk and going to the living room.

He sat shoveling handfuls of cereal into his mouth before drinking milk from the carton, forgoing the bowl and spoon.

As he finished off the box of cereal, having run out of milk and leaving the last bite too dry, Steve got up.

"Are you okay?" He asked groggily, rubbing his eyes as he walked into the room. It was 5:30, his normal waking time. Bucky's was usually at least 7.

"Pissed." He threw the empty box to the floor with the empty milk jug.

"Okay." He turned to leave the room before doubling back. "Did you cut your hair?"

"It was annoying." He muttered, turning the tv on to disassociate for a few hours with background noise.

"Looks nice. I'm going to give you some space." He turned to leave before Bucky whined.

"No, come back."

"You don't want space right now?" He was surprised, given his clearly angry mood.

"No, angry cuddles but quietly." He requested with an angry pout.

Steve chuckled and nodded before joining him on the couch. The pair sat quietly wrapped up together, watching Modern Family, until Steve heard light snoring.

He smiled seeing his husband asleep. Hopefully he'd wake up feeling better. If not, well, this might be their entire day.