Dryer Cuddles

Steve turned off the tv as the credits rolled after another episode of Supernatural. Clint had recommended it to him and he had gotten quite hooked. He had been binging season 3 that day for hours and decided to take a break and do something else.

He stood up and stretched slightly, looking around the living room and kitchen for Bucky but not seeing him.

"Buck?" He called out, beginning to look for him. He checked their room and the bathroom but didn't see him. He was about to call him when he noticed the dryer was running and thought maybe he was doing laundry.

Steve opened the laundry room door and saw Bucky perched on top of the running dryer, wrapped in a big blanket with his nose in a book.

The sight made him smile. "Hey, love. What're you doing?"

"Shh, reading. Comfy. Warm." He muttered without looking away from the book.

Steve pulled out his phone and took a picture of his husband before joining him on top of the dryer. He positioned himself on Bucky's lap in between him and the book.

Bucky smiled approvingly and kissed his forehead before continuing to read.

Steve looked at the book and noticed he was rereading The Hobbit. He remembered how much Bucky had enjoyed it when it first came out. Bucky had always been an adorable little nerd, he thought with a smile.

"I can feel you making fun of me for reading this again." Bucky mused as he turned the page.

"I can't help it, you're my cute little nerd." He teased, earning a playful whack in the face from the book.

"I'm not a cute little nerd. I'm a trained assassin with a nerdy complex who's not cute in any way." He stated stubbornly, readjusting the book as he continued to read.

"Oh please, you're like an adorable cat."

"Am not." He argued playfully, taking a mental note of the page he was on and setting the book down.

"Are to. You've been in here sitting on top of the dryer! It doesn't get more catlike than that." Steve laughed, leaning his head back to kiss him.

"Yeah well, I guess you're a cat too then motherfucker because look where you're sitting." He smirked, pulling away from the kiss.

Steve laughed and shook his head. "God, why are you so cute?"

"Stop calling me cute!" He groaned. "Either refer to me as hot, sexy, or badass. Any other less threatening adjectives will be frowned upon and punished accordingly." He feigned seriousness, sounding like a king instituting a new law.

"Punished, huh? Like what? What will happen if I call you adorable?" Steve smirked, always one to push the boundaries.

"Oh, doll, you won't be able to sit comfortably if you keep that up." He spoke darkly, making Steve believe his intentions were sexual.

Steve raised his eyebrows, intrigued. "Bucky?"

"Hmm?" He hummed in response, knowing what Steve was about to say.

"You're adorable."

Bucky, with zero hesitation, pushed Steve off the dryer and made him land hard on his butt.

"Ow! Motherfucker! That's what you meant?!" He yelled out, rubbing his sore butt as Bucky laughed.

"What did you think I meant?" He feigned innocence, giving him a hand back to his feet.

"You're such a jerk." He pouted.

"I love you, you little punk."