Wisdom Teeth

"Bucky, it's going to be fine! Don't worry, I'll be by your side when you wake up." Steve promised, kissing his husband's cheek. Bucky looked at him from the dentist chair.

"Why did I have to have wisdom teeth? I'm literally over 100. What the fuck?" He whined for the seemingly millionth time.

"It'll be over before you know it. And I'm sure Steve will be here recording everything you say while you're drugged up." Bruce teased with a smile. He had to join them at the dentist in order to administer medicine that would actually keep the super soldier knocked out for the procedure.

"Am I supposed to be happy about that?" He groaned, grabbing Steve's hand and pulling him closer. The dentist chair gave him anxiety, it reminded him of the old Hydra chair. Steve could tell he was anxious so he kneeled beside the chair and let him hold his hand.

"You're okay, baby. Want me to stay until you're asleep?" He spoke soothingly, rubbing his thumb over Bucky's knuckles.

He nodded, squeezing his hand tighter. "I'll be fine, right?"

"Of course. Bruce will be here the whole time, you're safe." He promised, Bruce nodding in agreement to reassure him.

"Alright, you ready? I'm going to put this over your nose and you'll start to relax and feel tired. You're safe, though, you'll just go to sleep and wake up in an hour." Bruce explained, carefully placing the orange plastic over his nose.

Bucky clenched his teeth anxiously, breathing through the plastic. He began feeling more relaxed and he felt Steve hold his arm out for Bruce to put an IV in. The next thing he knew, Bruce pushed medicine through the IV and he was out.

—————

"Bucky, it's time to wake up. Come on, sweetheart, open those eyes." Steve cooed gently after the surgery, his phone in his hand recording everything. Bucky had pieces of gauze in his mouth and some wrapped all the way around his face, from the top of his head to below his jaw. His cheeks were swollen and he looked like a little chipmunk.

Bucky opened his eyes and saw Steve, a smile crossing his face. "It's you!"

"Yeah, I'm here! Just like I promised." He smiled as Bucky looked around the room, seeing Bruce in the corner chatting with the doctor who did the surgery.

"Hey! That's the Hulk in human form. He's nice, he cooks good ice cream sundaes." Bucky waved to him before leaning close to Steve and whispering, "He's super smart."

"That he is, you're right. Is he your favorite Avenger that we live with?" Steve provoked him, trying to get Bucky to spill as many ridiculous truths as he could.

"No, silly! That's you! You're my favorite because you're my husband and we're gonna have sex later." He giggled, wrapping his arms around Steve.

Steve blushed, stifling a laugh. "Okay, honey."

"I like when you're on top, less work and better time for me. And you have a big-"

"Okay, that's enough, Buck. We're going to talk about something besides sex right now." He cut him off, ignoring Bruce and the dentist's laughing.

"I wanna go home. I want to throw watermelons at Sam while he flies around. He can be used as target practice and that way he'll be useful." Bucky rambled.

Bruce brought over a wheelchair to get him back out to the car. As he and Steve helped him into the chair, Steve scolded him. "That wasn't very kind. Sam is our friend."

"I know." He waved it off as he fell into the chair. "I just have to make fun of him because it's what we do. He's actually not a bad guy. Don't tell him though." He made a shushing motion with his finger against his lips.

"Okay, it'll be our secret." Steve laughed as he and Bruce transported him into the car. Bucky stared at his metal hand as they did so, not speaking again until they were on the road.

"Stevie?" He called out as if Steve were miles away.

"Yes honey? I'm right here." He turned in the passenger seat to face him.

"My hand isn't real." He sounded panicked, looking between his metal one and his flesh one. "It's metal!"

"Yeah, it happened in an accident, sweetheart. It's okay." He smiled back at him softly.

"Oh! Wait a second! Yeah! When I fell from that train!" He yelled excitedly before beginning to pout. "My tongue is gone. Did Bruce take my tongue? Why would he do that? He's such a nice guy but he took my tongue!"

"Bucky, your tongue is in your mouth. Bruce didn't take it." Steve stifled a giggle.

"Oh!" He exclaimed, putting his fingers in his mouth to feel his tongue and accidentally gagging himself.

"Be careful, Bucky. Don't put your fingers down your throat." Bruce cautioned as he drove.

"I like it more when Steve gags me." He sighed, earning a loud laugh from both men. "Can we go on a road trip?"

"Where?" Steve asked, still laughing.

"I wanna drive to Mars." He decided, sitting up straight and putting his hands on his hips.

"We can't drive to Mars." Steve explained. "We would need a spaceship for that."

"We don't need a spaceship." He scoffed, disgusted. "But since you're gonna be a pussy about leaving Earth, we can just go to Ohio."

"Ohio? What's in Ohio?" He asked confused as Bruce parked the car.

"Nothing! It's a great place to hide the body." He giggled, making Bruce and Steve exchange looks as they got out of the car.

"Whose body?" Bruce asked curiously.

"Wouldn't you like to know, green boy?" He chuckled as Steve opened the back door. "Can you carry me?"

Before getting an answer, Bucky threw himself as Steve. Steve caught him ungracefully and picked him up bridal style. As he carried him back to their floor, Bucky began to dose off.

"Kiss me and tell me I'm handsome." He muttered against Steve's shoulder. Steve laughed and did just that before shaking his head.

"What am I going to do with you?"

"Love me, feed me, never leave me." He recited from the Garfield Movie before falling asleep.