Puppy

Steve walked in the door at midnight after a week long mission and kicked off his shoes. He took off his uniform as he trudged to his and Bucky's bedroom, leaving a trail of clothes behind him. He knew he should probably shower but he was too tired. All he wanted to do was sleep.

The bedroom was dark and Steve could see the faint outline of Bucky already asleep and snoring lightly. It kinda sounded like there were two sets of snores, but he wrote that off as sleep deprivation playing with his mind. So he flopped onto the bed and instantly fell asleep.

Eight hours later, something wet was on Steve's face. Instinctively, he assumed it was Bucky messing with him and pushed him away lightly. But why was he furry?

He slowly opened one eye and jumped in surprise when he was faced with a small brown dog. He looked past the animal and saw Bucky smiling like an idiot.

"Bucky...? Who's your friend?" He asked slowly as the puppy continued to try licking his face.

"This is Moose. He's a 12 week old chocolate lab. I needed emotional support while you were away and I swear I was on my way to therapy but then I saw a sign about puppies for sale. So Moose happened and therapy did not." He explained, picking up the puppy and holding him with the smile still huge on his face.

Steve futilely tried to suppress a grin, shaking his head before letting out a laugh. "He's adorable."

"I can't believe you didn't notice him last night? He snores and also, he was sleeping right by your pillow." 

"Yeah, I thought I heard two sets of snoring but figured I was just really tired." Steve chuckled, petting the puppy as his heart melted. "I can't believe you got a dog."

"I got us a dog. Moose is our son now and we will raise him together."

"Is that so?" He chuckled, watching as the puppy licked Bucky's metal arm. He knew that small act made Bucky feel better about his arm, made him feel like less of the monster he saw himself as.

Bucky smiled at the puppy, kissing his head. "Yeah. Now take your son outside before he pees in our bed."

"Oh! That's how it is?" He laughed, standing up from the bed.

Bucky handed him the small dog. "That's how it is." He giggled as Steve took Moose.

"Alright Moose-man, let's go outside."

This is short but it's cute and fluffy so enjoy it anyway