Sick Steve

"Bucky." Steve called weakly from where he was laying on the couch with his arms wrapped around his stomach. "Buck. Bucky. Buccckkkyyy!"

Bucky heard Steve from the kitchen where he was snacking and he instantly had a flashback to the thirties; when Steve was sick that's how he would call for him. He quickly dropped the food on the counter and hurried to the living room.

"What's going on, doll? You okay?" He asked worriedly, kneeling beside Steve.

"I don't feel good and I need you." Steve spoke softly, looking up at Bucky with big sad eyes.

"I'm here, I'm not going anywhere." Bucky smiled at him, moving to sit on the couch with Steve's head on his lap. "You're warm. What's wrong?"

"My stomach hurts." He said, nuzzling closer to Bucky.

Bucky rested one hand on Steve's stomach and used his other hand to gently play with his hair. "I'm sorry, baby."

They stayed like that for a few minutes before Steve grimaced and whined quietly. Bucky gently lifted Steve's shirt and rested his hand against his stomach.

"Buck." Steve quietly whimpered as another wave of pain came across his abdomen.

"I know, Stevie."

"Make it stop."

"I wish I could." Bucky gently began moving his hand across Steve's stomach, hoping it would help at least a little bit.

Steve closed his eyes, breathing heavily as he tried to ignore the pain. Eventually, he fell asleep with Bucky's hand still on his stomach.

It wasn't more than 40 minutes when Bucky felt Steve's stomach cramp and Steve woke up with a groan.

"Bucky..."

"I'm here, baby." He assured him, watching his man's face contort in pain.

"I think I'm going to throw up."

"Okay, let's go to the bathroom then."

Steve tried to get up but ended up curled in on himself and whimpering. Bucky wrapped his arms around him and carried him to the bathroom, sitting on the floor with Steve in his lap.

"Got'a throw up." Steve mumbled as he shut his eyes and rested his head against Bucky's shoulder.

"Okay, I'm right here." He assured him, gently rubbing Steve's arm.

"I don't wanna, I don't like it." Steve groaned softly, holding his stomach.

"I know, but you have to get it out." Bucky reminded him. Suddenly, Steve lurched forward and began emptying his stomach contents into the toilet. Bucky rubbed his back and repeated assurances until he was done.

Steve finished and curled back into Bucky's arms as tears filled his eyes. "I don't like being sick. I don't like it."

"I know. I don't like when you're sick either." Bucky said, wrapping his metal arm around Steve and using the other to run his fingers through his hair. "Do you want to go to our room?"

Steve nodded, wrapping his arms around Bucky's neck. Bucky stood up, picking Steve up with him. "Let's go, Captain." He smiled, kissing the top of Steve's head.

Bucky laid Steve on the bed, put the trashcan beside him just in case, brought the thermometer and some water in, and then got in bed beside his man.

"Bucky?" Steve called, his eyes closed as he felt around blindly for him.

Bucky gently took his hand, kissing it before holding it against his chest. "Right here, babe."

Steve giggled, rolling over to face Bucky. "I love you. You're my favorite."

"I think someone's delirious." Bucky chuckled, shaking his head.

"Who?" Steve asked, genuine confusion on his face.

"You, babe. You are delirious." He said, grabbing the thermometer off the nightstand and scanning Steve's forehead. "You're temperature is 103.4, my man."

"You're still hotter." Steve laughed, practically throwing himself on top of Bucky.

"Okay, I need to call Bruce and ask him to bring some of your medicine up." He decided, taking his phone out of his pocket and dialing Banner's number.

"Hey Bucky." Bruce answered.

"Hi, can you bring some of the medication up that you made for Steve?"

"Yeah, I'll be up soon."

"Thanks." Bucky said before hanging up. He looked down at the man laying on his chest, smiling at him.

"Hey. Your name is James Buchanan Barnes." Steve said out of nowhere.

"Yes it is, Steven Grant Rogers."

"I'm gonna go to sleep now."

"Okay, go to sleep."

"I'm gon' sleep on you, James Buchanan."

"Go right ahead, Steven Grant." Bucky smiled as Steve closed his eyes and fell asleep faster than he even thought was possible.

A few minutes later, Bruce walked in the room. "Hey, I brought the med-" he cut himself off when he saw Steve sleeping on Bucky, who was also dozing off.

He set the medicine down on the nightstand and backed out quick, not wanting to wake up the super soldiers. Although, they were cute together sleeping like that. "Jarvis, take a picture of Bucky and Steve." He commanded softly from the doorway.

"Already done, Dr. Banner."