21st Birthdays

This one is really long. Enjoy!

"Jeez, Tony you're drinking like a kid on their twenty first birthday." Clint teased as Tony poured himself another drink. The group was having a game night and Tony decided it was no fun sober. "If this is you on a Wednesday night in your 50's, what did you do on your 21st birthday?"

Tony shrugged, sipping his drink. "Don't remember, I was on a bender from ages 17-24."

"I remember my twenty first. My friends took me out bar hopping and I woke up in a dress, face down in mud beside a cow statue." Clint laughed, fondly remembering his experience. Everyone laughed with him, picturing young drunk Clint.

"I woke up naked on a riverbank covered head to toe in grape jelly." Scott shook his head. "Turning twenty one is an experience."

"What about you two? What was it like turning the legal drinking age back in the day?" Sam asked Steve and Bucky, who exchanged confused glances.

"We grew up during the prohibition. I was 16 when it ended and I'd already been drinking with my dad at speakeasy's for years." Bucky shrugged it off.

"Yeah and the one time I had tried drinking when I was a teenager I ended up sick for days." Steve sighed. "Then once I could handle drinking, it didn't have an effect on me so I didn't do it."

"Oh, we have got to give these two a proper twenty first birthday experience." Sam smiled deviously, everyone jumping on board with the idea automatically.

"Have you all forgotten that we can't get drunk?" Bucky pointed out.

"Doesn't matter. I'll bring a few flasks of Asgardian Meade and add some to each drink you get." Thor smiled, patting each man's shoulders.

—————

Two days later on Friday night, the group went out to a local bar. Wanda, Bruce, and Natasha decided to be the sober ones to drive and to make sure nobody did anything too incredibly stupid. Scott, Thor, Tony, Sam, Rhodey, and Clint were determined to get Steve and Bucky completely drunk and didn't plan to remain sober themselves.

"So what do you two want to start with?" Sam asked Steve and Bucky as Tony opened a tab.

"Tequila shots." Scott answered before them, Clint immediately agreeing.

"Okay, tequila shots it is." Sam shrugged, ordering eight from the bartender. Everyone took their shot glass but before they drank, Thor stopped them.

"Wait. Steve, Bucky, sip a little bit so there's room to add Asgardian Meade to the glass." He directed, pulling out one of the many flasks he packed and doing the same. The super soldiers did as instructed, both grimacing at the taste.

"Tastes like gasoline." Steve involuntarily shuddered.

"That is an insult. Tequila is one of man's best friends, alongside vodka, rum, and whiskey." Tony feigned offense, smelling his tequila shot happily.

"If liquor is your best friend, I'm offended and a bit worried." Rhodey teased him as Thor poured the liquor into the super soldiers' glasses.

"Alright, to Steve and Bucky's late 21st birthdays!" Thor announced, capping the flask and holding his shot glass up.

"To Steve and Bucky!" The rest of the group agreed before they all threw back their shots. The group continued drinking, ensuring that Steve and Bucky always had drinks in their hands and encouraging them to finish what they had so they could replace them.

Steve sat at a table playing Never Have I Ever with Scott, Sam, and Thor while Tony and Rhodey teamed up to play a round of pool against Clint and Bucky.