Touch

Steve and Bucky lay on the couch together, their limbs entangled as they watched a movie. It was the middle of the night, but who could resist staying up, cuddling, and watching Disney movies?

Steve was absentmindedly tracing patterns on Bucky's back with his finger as Bucky embraced the feeling. Both men's eyes began drooping and Steve's hand stopped moving against Bucky.

"Don' stop." Bucky whined, nudging Steve's arm for him to keep tracing designs on him.

Steve chuckled lightly, resuming his movements and tracing words against his back. "So needy."

"For 70 years the only human contact I knew was being hit. I'm allowed to be needy." He mumbled something he typically wouldn't since his guard was down in his sleepy state.

Steve was taken back by the statement as Bucky nuzzled closer and buried his face against him. "I'm sorry." Steve said, kissing the side of his head.

"Don't be. I didn't mean to say that." He mumbled against the soft fabric of Steve's shirt, his face blushing with embarrassment.

Steve felt Bucky's face heat up and stroked his hair. "Don't be embarrassed. You're allowed to express how you feel."

They stayed in silence for a few moments before Bucky spoke softly. "I love when you replace my bad memories of human touch with good ones like this. I forgot what hugs felt like until I got back to you."

Steve hugged him tight, kissing the top of his head. "How's this?"

"Best feeling in the world."

Steve kept one arm tight around Bucky and used the other to continued tracing words and patterns against his back. He began tracing the same thing over and over again: I love you.

"Steve?" Bucky called out as he walked the line between consciousness and sleeping, feeling like he was floating.

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."