Love Me, Feed Me, Never Leave Me

Bucky trudged into the living room and threw himself down onto the couch, an arm wrapped around his stomach. "My stomach hurts." He groaned, kicking Steve as he flopped around in a mini tantrum.

Steve pushed his husband's leg away from him. "And kicking me will help you feel better?"

"I wasn't trying to kick you. It just happened." He stilled his body and laid motionlessly on the cushions instead. "I think I have a parasite or something. It hurts." He whined, both hands resting on his stomach.

Before Steve could speak, Bucky's stomach made a loud grumbling sound.

"What the hell was that?" Steve asked him, wide-eyed.

"It's the parasite. It's mad. Shut up, Bill." He smacked his hand against his stomach. "I named him Bill." He explained nonchalantly.

Steve blinked a few times, trying to process what he just witnessed. "You-you named the parasite you don't have Bill?"

"If I do have one, you'll feel so stupid." He shook his head in disappointment. "It actually hurts." His stomach grumbled again.

"Did you eat today?" Steve asked curiously, figuring that was the issue. Bucky routinely forgot to eat and then couldn't figure out why his stomach hurt.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." He spoke, sounding as if he'd just had a major breakthrough.

"Bucky, it's 8:30 pm. You haven't eaten all day?" Steve sat up, ready to drag him to the kitchen and force feed him. With the serum, they needed to eat more calories than normal people anyway so Bucky not eating all day was not healthy.

"Uh I forgot." He reminded him as if it were obvious and he shouldn't be surprised.

"Let's go." Steve shook his head, throwing Bucky over his shoulder and carrying him to the kitchen. He set him on the counter and stepped away to get him food.

As he put dinosaur nuggets on a plate to microwave, he wondered aloud. "How on Earth do you forget to eat all the time? I don't get it."

"I didn't eat actual food for 70 years, it's not a habit anymore. I got nutrients given to me in an IV, along with copious amounts of drugs." He shrugged it off as Steve started the microwave.

"I'm sorry." Steve spoke softly, standing in front of him and running his fingers through his hair.

"It's not your fault." He looked at him, confused by the apology.

"No but it was insensitive."

Bucky smiled and shook his head. "Shut up." He pulled him closer by his belt loop and kissed him.

The microwave beeped and Steve broke off the kiss. "I love you." He whispered in his ear before turning to get the food from the microwave.

"I love you too. Will you get the honey mustard?" He requested as Steve set the plate of nuggets beside him on the counter.

He smiled and grabbed the bottle from the fridge, handing it to his husband. "What else do you want to eat? You should eat more than some chicken nuggets."

"Hmm." He thought while biting the head off of a dinosaur-shaped nugget. "Salami and pickles."

"Fair enough." Steve chuckled and grabbed the foods before sitting on the counter beside him. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Love me, feed me, never leave me." Bucky quoted the Garfield movie, dipping another nugget in honey mustard.

Steve laughed, wrapping his arms around him. "You're such a goof."