Insomniac

Bucky set his phone down and closed his eyes, feeling wide awake. He flopped over onto his side, then his stomach, then back to his back, before turning on his other side facing Steve.

"Steve, are you awake?" He asked not-so-quietly.

"No." The blond mumbled as his eyes remained closed.

"Steeeeve!" Bucky whined, throwing his arm around his husband.

"Mmmph." He groaned, rolling onto his back but keeping his eyes shut.

"I can't sleep. You need to wake up and suffer with me." He pouted, laying on Steve's chest now.

"Just close your eyes and lay still. You'll fall asleep eventually." Steve spoke unamused and unwilling to wake up all the way.

"Gee thanks, I haven't tried that." Bucky pouted. He rolled off of Steve and laid on his back beside him. He was quiet for a few moments and Steve thought he might've actually fallen asleep. Of course, he hadn't.

"Do you think I can get a senior citizen discount? I look like I'm in my thirties, but my ID says I'm over 100." Bucky spoke up just as Steve was about to fall back into deep sleep.

"Shut up." Steve whined, rolling onto his stomach and shoving his face in his pillow.

"No, I want to serenade you." Bucky smirked before beginning to sing, "The hills are alive, with the sound of mus-" he was cut off when Steve rolled over and used his pillow to hit him in the face.

"You wanna play that way? We can do that." Bucky challenged, pulling his own pillow out from under his head and beating Steve with it repeatedly.

"No, for the love of God, go to sleep!" Steve groaned, covering his face with his hands as Bucky continued his pillow assault.

"It's not that easy, Steven. Some of us struggle in the sleep department, Steven. I can't fall asleep, Steven. Why won't you help me, Steven? I think I just got my second wind, Steven. There's no sleeping now!" Bucky punctuated each sentence with a pillow smack to Steve's face before just hitting him over and over with it. Finally, Steve had enough.

He sat up, grabbed Bucky's arms, took the pillow from him, and spoke lowly, "James Buchanan Barnes, if you do not shut up and go to sleep, I will ground you."

"Ground me? What am I, eight?" Bucky snorted, even though he was actually a bit taken back by Steve's seriousness.

"I will ground you from certain parts of me. Get the picture?"

Bucky huffed and laid down. "You're mean."

"Mhmm." Steve hummed as he laid down and rolled over, falling back asleep again. Bucky closed his eyes and tried to sleep. He really tried, but his mind wouldn't shut off. So he got up and went to see who else was awake in the building.

"Hey, why are you up?" Clint asked him from the couch, where he was eating a bag of Doritos and playing MarioKart.

"Can't sleep." Bucky shrugged, sitting beside him.

"Wanna race?" He offered, holding out the other video game controller as he finished his race on Rainbow Road.

"Sure." He agreed.

And that's how the team found Bucky and Clint passed out on the couch with Dorito crumbs covering them both and the MarioKart music playing.