Chapter 39: Internal Problems

~~~

Naruto looked over at the unconscious Zaku one last time before walking away from his existence. Everyone was silent from this single battle.

It was so one-sided.

Everything that occurred all throughout the battle was on the terms of Naruto's. He pushed his hands into his pockets and walked right on to the spectating area.

Naruto stopped and stood right beside Satsuki in utter silence. His apathetic face glanced over at the medics attending over at the bruised and battered Zaku.

Satsuki sighed at Naruto's attitude.

"You know, Naruto. It would've been better if you had finished the battle quicker." Naruto shrugged at Satsuki's words with absolutely no enthusiasm indicated.

"I guess. But. . ." Oh? It seems like Naruto had a reason for doing so.

"Spill it," ordered Satsuki, gazing at Naruto. He sighed, knowing that Satsuki won't stop berating him if he didn't tell her why he didn't finish the fight quicker.

"As you know, his team was targeting us in the Forest of Death." Satsuki nodded. It seems like Naruto was talking quite loudly to the point where other people were attentively listening to their conversation.

"While our team did overwhelmingly defeat them without much effort, they still had lots of confidence in themselves." Them defeating their team was not much of a surprise.

"At first, I wan't going to go through this plan, but I conveniently got paired up with Zaku for the first round." This caught the attention of many around them.

Including Orochimaru.

"And that plan was?" Naruto sighed at Satsuki's assertiveness.

"To destroy their morale." People slightly widened their eyes at the words that Naruto had said. Why would Naruto want to destroy another team's morale?

"As long as they have confidence in their abilities, they'll continue to target us under orders from a certain person. So by showing a difference between our strength to theirs, It'll show them how hopeless they are," Though he wasn't done talking.

"Thus making them lose their morale during the process of it all. Even though it was a pain to have to do such a thing, it was a necessary step in the process." There was a moment of silence.

"You're crazy," said Satsuki, shaking her head at Naruto's unorthodox way of solving things. Though it seems Naruto doesn't care all that much at all.

"Thanks for the compliment."

"That was not a compli- never mind." Everyone waited for the next matchup to be decided. Though while Naruto could indeed observe what could happen, he was not interested in doing such a thing.

For the people who wield strong power or high intelligence, these preliminary rounds should be considered a piece of cake. But people who wield both are the most dominant.

After quite some time, Naruto saw a familiar name grace the electronic board.

Uchiha Satsuki vs Akado Yoroi.