Ma City

"You sure your mom is fine with all of us staying at your place? I don't know if you've noticed, but we can be a handful," Hoseok chuckles.

"I called her the other day and she was cool with it," I reply. "But..." My voice trails off.

"But?"

"But there's a cover story."

Taehyung perks his head up. "Cover story?"

"Yeah, I guess that's what I'd call it. You see, I told my mom Jungkook is my boyfriend and that you guys are his band members who go everywhere together, and that we're all good friends. She thinks I'm dating an up-and-coming rockstar," I shrug. "Most of my cover story is true."

Namjoon places his hand on my thigh. "I know you aren't embarrassed about our relationship or anything, but are you okay with lying to your mother like that?"

I nod, although hesitantly. "I just don't want to freak her out. She's kinda old school and it took her forever to accept my sexuality, and I don't want to dump this on her right now," I admit. "This trip is about my sister, not me."

"We understand," says Jimin.

"I'd shout my feelings for every one of you from the rooftops if I could," I chortle before becoming serious again. "I don't think Ohio is ready for that though."

"Neither is Korea," Yoongi declares. "It's a sad reality, but I think we all knew deep down that a situation like this would occur."

The members agree with him.

"The only thing that'll be different is Jungkook can be flirty and couple-like with me, but for the rest of you, we have to act like friends and only friends."

"Ha! Suckers!" hollers Jungkook.

I playfully roll my eyes at him, giggling

I playfully roll my eyes at him, giggling. "Just while we're around my family. When we're alone, we can do whatever."

"Be careful with saying 'do whatever'," Seokjin chimes in. "I don't wanna wake up and see something weird."

Yoongi snickers. "Don't worry, Hyung. We won't fuck in your presence."

"Wow. How thoughtful."

***

"We should probably wake the others," Hoseok tells me. "We'll be landing soon."

The two of us are the only ones awake at the moment; we passed out within thirty minutes of taking off. I still hate planes; however, a private jet is a million times more comfortable than flying commercially. Plus, it makes me feel like a rich housewife. I'm so glad Sejin suggested flying privately.

I nod my head and adjust my seat out of the reclining position. I walk over to Jungkook, ruffling his long, fluffy hair, and allow him to slowly awaken out of his deep slumber. I then go to Taehyung and do the same thing. Unlike Jungkook who got up with no complaints, Taehyung slaps my hand away. I'm slightly taken aback, but I know he's still out of it and didn't mean to do it.

I return to my seat to touch up the little bit of makeup I had done earlier and wait to land. On our descent, Hoseok squeezes my hand tightly to ease my anxiety, just like Beck had done when arriving in L.A.

Man, I really miss her.

"Make sure you all have your passports ready," Sejin announces once we're on the ground. Originally, he wasn't going to come along. But after talking things through, we came to the decision that it'd be best if he did. He'll be staying at a hotel and he's just a phone call away if we absolutely need him.

"Yeah, Namjoon-ah," jokes Seokjin.

Namjoon glares at him. "I didn't lose it. It's in my pocket-"

He pats his clothes and his eyes go wide. His jaw then clenches and his brows furrow in confusion. Yoongi clears his throat and Namjoon turns around to see him holding the passport. "It was on the floor of the bathroom."

Namjoon gives him an embarrassed half-smile. "Ah. Thanks, Hyung."

Sejin shakes his head, letting out a breathy laugh. "Let's grab our bags and go. Try not to lose anything else."

***

Sejin arranged rental cars to be at the airport upon arrival. We throw our things in the trunk and pile in. I ride with Yoongi, Jungkook, and Jimin. I offer to drive, but Yoongi tells me no, saying that I look too tired to be behind the wheel. I don't argue because he's right. They're used to traveling constantly and jumping time zones. I'm not.

"Are you guys hungry at all?" I ask.

"Starving," Jimin replies.

"Would you be down to go to a restaurant?"

"Is it...safe?"

"The restaurant I used to waitress at has a private party room. I can call and reserve it."

"That'll work," says Yoongi. "Jungkook-ah, text someone in the other car and let them know what we're doing."

Jungkook nods, getting out his phone. I get mine out as well to dial Roxy's number.

"Hey, are you working right now?" I inquire when she picks up.

"Always am. Why? What's up?"

"Okay, don't be mad at me for not telling you," I breathe, "but I just landed in Ohio. I need you to book the party room for me."

"I'll yell at you later for that. Anyway, why do you need the party room?"

"Uh...job stuff."

"You brought all of your English students to the states for some type of field trip?"

I can sense the suspicion in her voice.

"No," I respond. I need to tell her the truth. I mean, she's most likely going to be our server this evening, so I might as well let the cat out of the bag. At least a small portion of it. "I'm not a teacher anymore." Shit, here we go. "I actually work for...BTS now."

I can practically hear her jaw drop before accusing me, saying, "You're lying."

"I'm dead serious. You'll see when we get there," I impart. "But keep this between you and I, okay? I can't have people knowing they're here."

By people, I mean sasaengs.

Nothing comes through the receiver for a couple of seconds. "Okay."

Roxy hangs up.

[AN] I haven't updated in so long, I know! This semester is super hectic for me, but I'm really going to try and still update from time to time. I'm not disappearing, I promise!

[AN #2] Edited 5/20/21