Three Is Never a Crowd

My work alarm wakes me up out of a deep sleep. It's six a.m. and the sun is starting to creep over the horizon, bringing in a bit of light through the window. I slowly wiggle out of Yoongi's warm embrace as to not disturb his slumber. He mentioned on the way back to the house last night that they were going on a month break to recuperate before their next comeback, so I want him to get as much sleep as he possibly can.

I grab my overnight bag, heading into the bathroom for a shower. I turn on the water, but I don't play any music since Yoongi is right outside the door and I'm not sure if he's a heavy sleeper or not. Misun slept like the dead, so I was able to play music at max volume and she wouldn't so much as stir.

His body wash has a strong, manly scent to it; the very antithesis of the soap that I used previously. Typically, after washing up, I like to sit on the floor in my towel, playing on my phone to allow my body to fully dry. I hate putting on clothes while my skin is damp. I think it's a sensory issue that comes with ADHD. This isn't my house though, so I guess I'll need to suck it up. I finally change into my work clothes-a floral shirt dress with buttons down the front-once I get myself as dry as possible.

I have a little bit of time before I need to catch the bus, so I decide to straighten my hair and put on makeup. Usually, I only do my eyebrows and wear mascara for school, but today, I'm going to spice it up a bit with some eyeshadow. Once I'm finished, I re-enter the bedroom and attempt to slip out the door. It creaks which causes Yoongi to shift.

"Audaire?"

"Sorry," I whisper, walking towards the bed. "Was I too loud?"

"No, no. You're fine," he reassures, his voice raspy. "Are you going to work now?"

"Yeah, I'm leaving."

"I'll call Sejin hyung to drive you to your school," announces Yoongi, sitting up and grabbing his phone.

"Oh, it's alright. I can catch the bus."

Yoongi doesn't say anything as he types away on his phone. I keep telling him that it really is okay and that I don't need Sejin to pick me up, but he doesn't listen.

He sets down his phone on the nightstand. "Hyung will be here in a few."

"You're stubborn," I chortle.

"So are you."

"Thanks for getting me a ride," I smile. "You didn't have to do that for me."

He waves his hand in dismissal. "It's no problem. You're in heals anyway. You can't walk all the way to the bus in those."

"Hey, you don't know what I'm capable of," I playfully sass.

Yoongi looks me up and down and says, "Maybe not now, but I'd like to find out."

I advert my gaze to avoid my cheeks turning bright red. It doesn't work. I can still feel his eyes on me. I also sense something in the air. Sexual tension. And you could cut that shit with a butter knife. His phone going off is what finally brings us back to reality.

"Ah, Hyung is here. I'll walk you to the door."

"No, you go back to sleep. You're on vacation."

"Vacation isn't really in my vocab," Yoongi chuckles.

I cross my arms.

"Okay, okay. I'll get more sleep," he promises, putting his hands up in defeat. "But you'll text me later, yeah?"

I tell him that I will and with that, I leave the house to meet Sejin outside. He opens the door for me, a small, kind gesture that warms my heart on this chilly morning. But as we're on our way to my job, the awkward silence makes a reappearance. I think Sejin is super nice, he's just a bit shy. I don't have room to talk though since I'm shy around strangers too. Unless I have alcohol in my system. Then I'm the friendliest person on the planet.