Strange Encounters

It's the big day.

BTS' rehearsal time was scheduled for seven in the morning. This also meant I was at rehearsal at seven in the morning. I've never had to be this alert so early in the day.

Twitter has been going crazy with anticipation for the award show. Speculation about the boys' hair was all over the site too. They've been wearing hats in every bit of their content for the past week as to not spoil anything.

Youngmi decided to combine all of her ideas into one. Taehyung, Jungkook, and Seokjin have black hair, Namjoon has dark grey, Jimin was given a lighter grey color, Hoseok has white hair, and Yoongi now has bright orange hair.

He's pretty nervous about unveiling his new look. It's been quite a while since Yoongi has done orange hair, but it was a fairly popular style for him back in the HYYH era. I don't think he has anything to worry about.

As for Jungkook, his hair is still long.

"A stylist tried to cut my hair today, but I didn't let her. I used a trick I learned from Jin hyung," he told me when they arrived home.

"Which is?" I asked, though I feared the answer.

He grinned proudly. "When the stylist brought out the scissors, I showed rock. I defeated her."

Eventually, Youngmi was able to compromise with him. His sides were shaved and his hair will be slicked back for the show.

"God, I'm tired," Jaehwa carps, taking a seat in the front row to watch the rehearsal.

I sit down next to them. "Me too. I hardly slept last night."

I was, of course, extremely nervous for today. However, I shouldn't be. They're pros in the Kpop game. And if somehow tonight doesn't go as predicted, I'll still be proud of them. It takes a massive amount of confidence and skill to do what they do.

"Youngmi doesn't have to be here 'til noon to get the members ready for the red carpet," they disclose. "Lucky bitch."

"I'm gonna go get you some coffee to take that sass down a notch," I laugh. I rise from my chair to walk the (obnoxiously) long distance to the backstage area. Squeezing my way through the various staff, I find the refreshment table and make Jaehwa and myself a cup of coffee. Once I'm back, I hand them their drink.

"Thank you," says Jaehwa. "I needed this."

"No problem," I smile.

"Now only sixteen more hours until we're off the clock and on our way to that afterparty."

"It seems illegal to work this long."

They shrug. "It probably is."

***

I'm exhausted. I can't imagine how the boys are feeling though. At least I got to rest while they were getting their hair and makeup done. They didn't get that luxury. Well, Jimin sort of did. He fell asleep in the makeup chair and another stylist had to hold his head up for him.

Not only did Youngmi kill it with the members' hair, but she also killed it with their outfits. For the red carpet, she kept it simple with black, white, and tan pieces. For their performance, well-fitted black garments accompanied by varying silver chains. Youngmi even put Yoongi in a skirt and Jungkook in a cropped top that would reveal his defined abs whenever he raised his arms. Overall, they looked gorgeous. Definitely a showstopper.

 Definitely a showstopper