Silly Straw

I open the car door and take a seat next to Yoongi. The man that's driving gives me a funny look in the rearview mirror. He must not have been expecting a plus one. Or maybe he's just in a bad mood.

Before I can ask Yoongi where we're going to eat, a man pops up from the seat behind us.

"Hi!" he beams.

My heart practically stops. He startles me so much that I'm not even able to scream. The sound just hitches in my throat.

The man that nearly killed me has such a bright smile. I think it's one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen. But I can't focus on his pretty teeth right now because I feel as though I may pass out from fright.

Dramatic much? Probably.

"I'm Hoseok," he introduces himself.

I look over to Yoongi who is laughing at me.

"I'm Audaire," I reply, returning my attention to Hoseok.

"Hobi, you can't scare people like that," Yoongi tells his friend, trying not to break into laughter again.

"Sorry about that, Audaire. I hope you still wanna hang out with us."

"It's totally fine. Don't worry about it. Where are we eating, by the way?"

"Let me see," Yoongi responds. He then talks to the driver in Korean. The chauffeur says something in return, but I can't understand. I really should've studied more than just the basics when I moved here. My job takes up too much time at the moment though. I ask Yoongi if he could translate.

"He said that we are not going to a restaurant. Jungkook-ah hurt his ankle at the show and wants to go home and eat. Is it okay we take you back to our house?"

He wants me to come over? Like, go to the BTS' house? I must be dreaming because stuff like this only happens in books and movies. I should politely decline so that I don't invade their privacy. I'm sure their house is the only place they can get some peace and quiet. I can't intrude on that.

"Are you sure the others will be okay with that?"

"Don't worry! We love meeting new people," Hoseok responds.

Yoongi agrees with him.

"Alright, I'm down!"

***

The remainder of the drive is pretty quiet. We only making slight conversation here and there. I stare out the window and watch the rain droplets slide down the glass. I occasionally check my phone for a text from Misun, but it never comes.

We pull up to the members' house and it's bigger than I could have ever imagined. These guys must be loaded. Okay, that was a dumb statement. They're obviously loaded. They are BTS for fuck's sake.

The driver comes around to open the door for me.

"Kamsahamnida," I thank him, bowing my head slightly out of respect.

He doesn't say anything in return and I'm a little offended, but choose to brush it off. It could just be a difference in some cultural thing and I'm getting my knickers in a twist for no reason.

Yoongi comes to my side so that he can lead me into the house.

"Is he always quiet like that?" I inquire, trying not to seem rude.

"No, he's... wary? I guess that's the word I'd use."

I understand what he means. This man has no idea who I am. Hell, Yoongi and Hoseok hardly know who I am. I get why he's standoffish.