Lie

Audaire's POV:

"Don't be a stranger," my aunt Lani tells me as she draws me into a warm embrace. "You can visit anytime you'd like. I'm sure your grandma would be happy to see you."

Initially, Lani planned on staying in Korea for two weeks. However, the other night, she received a call from a family member that her mother had fallen ill. She decided to leave with the girls and fly out to Hawai'i to care for her.

We had one final dinner together consisting of traditional Korean cuisine prior to coming to the airport. It was a nice time spent with the people I love. Yet for most of the meal, I hid my sadness behind a smile and a lot of laughter. I just couldn't quit thinking about how we were going to be apart again. I had to remind myself though that living here is my choice. A difficult choice, yes. But mine nonetheless.

"I'll visit soon, Aunty. I promise."

Lani stops hugging me to say her final goodbyes to Sejin. They've (finally) made their relationship official. Once Yoongi and my grandmother are feeling better, Sejin plans on meeting Lani in Hawai'i.

I give Eira and Tess a hug before turning my attention to Annalise. There are tears brimming her eyes. I tightly wrap my arms around her. "Please don't cry."

"I'm not crying," she lies. Annalise then sniffles, making it obvious that she is. It elicits a giggle from both of us.

I pull away, wiping a tear from my own eyes. "Remember our little talk. It won't be this way forever."

"Right," my sister nods. "In the future, let's strive for the same continent."

"Same continent," I repeat, reaching out my hand. "Deal?"

Annalise grabs my hand and shakes it. "Deal."

***

It's late, yet I'm unable to fall asleep. Of course I tried to sleep, but I couldn't stop tossing and turning. It was keeping Jungkook awake, so we decided to give up and just watch some TV until I feel tired enough to go to bed.

The members later join us. I ask them why they're awake at this hour and they tell me they couldn't sleep either. In reality, I think Jungkook texted them saying that I was still feeling down about my family leaving.

"I have something that might cheer you up," Jungkook announces as he returns from his bedroom, laptop tucked safely under his arm. He hooks the computer up to the television. His folders appear on the screen and he clicks one of the files titled G.C.F.

"Are we finally having that G.C.F. marathon?" I wonder excitedly.

"We are," he replies, getting the first video ready to play. "I said we'd do it the night you moved in and we didn't. I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay, Kook. We were so busy with all the new life changes," I acknowledge. "I'm just glad we're doing it now."

"Me too," Jungkook smiles. He then starts the film and runs over to sit next to me on the couch. Jungkook points to the screen. "This one's from when I took Jimin hyung to Tokyo for his birthday."

"I had no idea he was making this," Jimin imparts. "I thought he was just filming it for himself."

"I was originally, but I loved the final product so much that I wanted to share it."

"You can tell it's personal," I mention. "Everything about it is so...natural."

"You look really happy, Jimin-ah," Hoseok adds.

"That's why this one is my favorite," Taehyung chimes in.

Jimin's eyes crinkle at the memories. How he wishes he could relive that moment on the teacups where he got so dizzy he thought he was going to die. He remembers scolding Jungkook for spinning it too fast. Still, Jimin couldn't stop laughing despite the nauseous feeling.