Endlessly

"I'm so fired," I cry out as I step through the threshold of my house.

Immediately after I had pinned that bitch to the floor, some of the Big Hit staff, including Seoyun, rushed over to usher the members out of the club for their safety. They got them into the company vehicles and brought them home. As for me, a few bouncers came and took the woman off my hands to escort her out. I came to learn that she works for JYP Entertainment, but has been trying to get a job at Big Hit. Most likely to get close to BTS.

I stood up, dusting the cigarette ash off my knees.

"That was so badass!" squealed Youngmi as she ran towards me. "I can't believe you did that!"

"Yeah, me neither," I replied, my voice quiet.

Jaehwa finally made their way over to us and stood next to their wife. They outstretched their arm, handing their phone to me with a shaky breath. "Seoyun sunbaenim is calling."

I straightened out my blazer before taking the phone from them. The music was still blaring, so I hurried to the bathroom to hear him better. "Hello? Sunbae?"

"Hoobae, are you alright?" he wondered, sounding genuinely concerned.

"Yes, I'm fine. How are the members?"

"They're okay. Just in a little shock, that's all," Seoyun imparted. "We're almost to their house."

I exhaled loudly out of frustration with myself.  "I fucked up. I'm really sorry."

"You were doing your job, Audaire."

"But...But I wasn't supposed to be working. A-And they're allowed to talk to people." My eyes began to well up with tears. "They're allowed to talk to women."

"You're right."

I sniffled. "Then why am I not in trouble?"

"Now, you may not be in trouble with me; however, I can't say the same thing about the higher-ups," he honestly disclosed. Sticking with an earnest tone, Seoyun continued, "I was uncomfortable with her touching them too. I was keeping an eye on her because I was worried she may try to touch them inappropriately. I considered telling her to leave, but you beat me to it." He chuckled at his last words which made me laugh a little too. "See, that's what I want to hear. More laughing, less crying."

I wiped the wetness from my cheek. "Yes, sir."

"I'm proud of you, Hoobae. Great job," Seoyun commended. "Get home safely."

"You too, Sunbae."

"You're not fired," says Sejin as he gets to his feet. I hadn't noticed him sitting on the couch when I came in. Someone must've woken him up to informed him of the incident because he's in sweatpants and a t-shirt, and his hair isn't neatly styled like it normally is.

"Did you talk to the higher-ups?"

"I spoke to them, yes," Sejin nods. "I guess Seoyun called them before I had a chance to."

"What'd he say to them?"

"That you were simply doing your job."

The same thing he told me. Seoyun defended me to the higher-ups.

"That woman was making the members uneasy and you acted on a split-second decision to prevent her from further harassing them," he carries on. "The higher-ups are going to disregard this whole thing. The media will probably be a different story though."

"I'm so sorry for what I did. I should've just asked her to leave."

Sejin places his hand on my shoulder. "Although I have a strong feeling what you did was out of jealously, you still protected the members from something that could have gone south very quickly."