New Beginnings

Three soft knocks come from outside the door before Hoseok peeks his head in. "Hyung? Ireonasseoyo?"

"Yoongi went out for a smoke before bed," I apprise from beneath the covers. "He should be back soon."

"Oh, okay. I'll see him in the morning then. Sleep well, Audaire."

"No, no. Here, sit." I pat the spot adjacent to me. Hoseok reluctantly makes his way over and takes a seat. "It's almost four. What're you doing up?"

"I can't sleep. Too much on my mind."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm alright."

I give him a look of you sure about that?

"I promise," he states with a smile, although it doesn't reach his eyes; it's disingenuous.

I let it slide. If Hoseok doesn't want to talk right now, then he doesn't want to talk. I can't force him. I simply hope he knows that he can discuss anything with me. I'd never judge him.

"You can stay with Yoongi, if you'd like," I offer. "I think Tae is still awake playing games. I'll sleep with him."

He waves his hand in dismissal. "No, it's fine. I'll go back to my room."

"Lie down."

"Hm?"

"The three of us are sleeping together tonight."

Just then, Yoongi enters the bedroom. "Hoseokie? What're you doing here?" He walks towards his dresser to lay the pack of cigarettes on top, the smell of menthol in his wake. "It's late."

"I can't sleep. The guilt is eating away at me," Hoseok suddenly reveals.

The pain in his voice sends a sword through my heart. Though mine was punctured hours prior, I cannot bear to see his as well.

"Hoseok, don't-"

"No, Hyung," he interrupts. "I can't hide this from her."

"Hoseok-ah, she knows."

His gaze shifts to me. "Y-You do?"

"I do. He told me earlier. And I'm not mad," I say to lessen his discomfort. "Well, I am a little ticked off, but that's not important at the moment."

Hoseok takes hold of my hand and rubs his thumb over my knuckles. "I'm so sorry, Audaire. Fuck, I'm so incredibly sorry."

"I know you are."

"Will you be able to forgive me-us?"

I plainly nod.

An alleviated sigh leaves Hoseok's lips.

"Let's get to bed and talk later, yeah?"

I allow Hoseok to sleep in the middle, knowing he needs his hyung right now. I give them both a goodnight kiss before cuddling up to Hoseok's side. The two chat for a bit, however, I can't understand them.

Perhaps their conversation isn't meant for my ears.

***

"The dead has finally risen," chuckles Namjoon as he embraces me. I press my cheek into his firm chest, inhaling his masculine, comforting scent. He presses a chaste kiss to my temple. "Sejin hyung is coming over in a little bit."

"Oh, good! I've missed him."

"I'm starting to think you like him more than us," Namjoon jests.

"Don't be silly," I say, rolling my eyes playfully. "He's just a really nice guy. And he always treats me well." I walk to the refrigerator to get a glass of orange juice despite it being past noon. "Hey, Namjoon?"