Stay

"I'm just gonna shower at home," Jaehwa announces, slinging their bag over their shoulder. "This place doesn't have gender-neutral bathrooms."

After work, Jaehwa and I came to the gym to lift some weights. We had the place to ourselves, so for a couple of hours, we goofed around; however, the two of us still managed to get most of our workout done.

"See you tomorrow?"

They smile. "You know it, partner."

Once Jaehwa leaves, I head to the locker room for a shower. I turn on the water to let it heat up while I undress. As I'm removing my top, I hear a voice coming from behind me. "Hey."

I shriek and cover my upper half with my shirt before facing the intruder. "Fuck, Namjoon! You scared the shit out of me!"

He chuckles. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"What're you doing here?" I wonder. "You'll have a lot of explaining to do if someone walks in and finds you in the women's room."

Namjoon leans against the wall, hands shoved in his pockets. "I wanted to talk to you."

"What's up?"

"Well," he begins, "I heard through the grapevine that Mark Lee asked you out."

I swallow hard. "Uh, yeah, he did."

"And what'd you tell him?"

"What do you think I told him?" I ask rhetorically with a laugh. "I obviously said no."

"Okay, but why didn't you say anything to us?"

"I don't know," I shrug. "It didn't seem like a big deal."

"It is to me."

"I'm sorry, Joon," I apologize. "I'm not interested in him though. Believe me."

"I do." He then sighs heavily. "I'm just...jealous, I guess."

His words are painful. Namjoon doesn't come across as the jealous type. It's odd, really. Especially since he doesn't appear that way when it has to do with his fellow members. At least he doesn't voice it, anyway. But if he's being honest about how he feels regarding the whole Mark situation, I'm sure he would be honest about that too.

I approach him and grip his jacket, pulling us as close as possible. "You have nothing to be jealous of. My heart is already so full with the seven of you. There's no room for another."

Namjoon's dimples make an appearance when he smiles. "Good. That's the way I like it."

"And that's the way it's gonna stay." I peck his lips, speaking the truth against his mouth. "Forever."

"I'm going to hold you to that promise," he imparts, kissing me once more. "I'll let you take your shower now. I'm heading back to the company to practice the choreography some more, so I'll probably be home late."

"Okay, just don't work too hard."

"Can't stop 'til it's perfect."

"You're already perfect in my book."

***

POV is third person.

Namjoon is drenched in sweat after rehearsing for hours on end. He's unsure of the time, but assumes it has to be past midnight. The moon rests high in the sky, its gleam shining through the window. The fluorescent lights were giving him a headache earlier, so he dimmed the practice room a tad. Namjoon later snaps a selfie to send to the group chat.