Euphoria

Every muscle in my body goes stiff.

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK.

What could he possibly want to talk about? The new arrangement? No, that's impossible. The only people who knew about this prior to now were me, Yoongi, and Hoseok. And Hoseok just found out about how Yoongi and I wanted this after we woke up today. I definitely didn't say anything to Sejin, and I highly doubt Yoongi or Hoseok said something either. There wasn't enough time.

Is Sejin some sort of psychic?

Alright, that's a bit far-fetched.

"You okay?" asks Taehyung. "You're really pale."

I blink a few times, getting out of my own imagination. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Is something wrong, Sejin?"

"Can we speak in private? I'll explain."

I look over to Namjoon who imparts, "We need to go to the company anyway, so you're free to talk here."

"Will you stop by later?" inquires Jimin.

"Definitely" I reply. "I'll bring dinner over."

We avoid the goodbye kisses when the boys leave, opting for an awkward wave instead. Since I'm not sure what Sejin wants to discuss, it's better if we didn't have an intimate moment. The two of us take a seat together at the dining table. He then reaches into his bag, pulling out a large stack of papers.

"What's all this?"

Sejin puts a pen down. "An offer."

"An offer?" I repeat.

"Mhm."

"What is it?"

"When is your contract up with your school?"

"Next month."

"Have you signed on for another year? Or are you planning to?"

"I haven't signed yet. I have a meeting Tuesday though. I assume my boss is going to ask me to re-sign."

He smirks, pleased. "How would you like to work for Big Hit? We have an opening."

I'm stunned. I practically have to pick my jaw up off the floor. "You're kidding, right?"

Sejin shakes his head. "I'm serious, Audaire. You'd make a great addition to the company."

"What's the job, exactly?"

"Bodyguard."

"B-Bodyguard?"

"Yes, bodyguard," he chuckles. "Does that sound like something you'd be interested in?"

"May I ask why you chose me for the position?"

Sejin holds up his pointer finger, signaling me to wait a second. He then sifts through his papers until he finds a stapled packet in the stack. "You have your bachelor's in criminal justice, and you also obtained a minor in psychology." He flips the page. "And you completed the police academy in your fourth year." Sejin closes the packet. "That's quite impressive. You must've been busy your final year."

"I was," I breathe. "Regular classes during the day and then the academy at night. How much information do you have on me in that packet, by the way?"

"Not much. Just the important stuff," he shrugs. "Now may I ask you a question?"

I nod and he continues, "Why didn't you become a police officer? You graduated top of your class. What made you come all the way to Korea?"

"I thought I knew what I wanted, but...things change, I guess."