First Love

"Boys, dinner is ready!" I holler from the kitchen. Of course, Jungkook is the first to be at my side. His eyes are wide with anticipation as I put a hefty serving of jjajangmyeon in his bowl. After the food has been dished out and I'm putting some kimchi on the dining table, I notice that Yoongi and Hoseok haven't entered the room yet.

I peer into the living room where the two are conversing in a hushed tone.

"Hey, are you guys gonna eat?" I ask the men. They jump when I speak, not thinking I would be right behind them.

"Yes, we'll be there in a minute," replies Hoseok.

I join the others and begin eating. When they finally come in, everyone is enjoying the food and chatting jovially. Well, everyone except Hoseok and Yoongi.

Now I'm aware Yoongi is a quiet person in general, but tonight, he's oddly silent. I have a gut feeling that they're up to something. However, I won't pry. I'm merely going to stare daggers into their souls until they decide to tell me what's up with them.

"Do you not like the food?" Jimin entreats, bringing me out of my daze

"Do you not like the food?" Jimin entreats, bringing me out of my daze. "You've barely touched it."

"Oh, I do. I just don't have much of an appetite at the moment."

"Are you sick?"

"No, I'm okay," I reassure. "What do you think about the food, Yoongi? Good?"

"It's amazing. You did a great job."

I tilt my head to the side. "That's funny considering you haven't even taken a bite."

He looks like a deer in the headlights, not expecting to be called out like that. "I-I just know it's tasty since you're the one who made it."

"Liar," I mumble under my breath. "Do you like it, Hobi?"

Hoseok picks up a huge amount of the noodles on his chopsticks before shoving it into his mouth. "Masisseo."

Trying to stay out of trouble, I see.

***

I'm leaning against the headboard of Yoongi's bed, angrily flipping through a book. I've been waiting for him to get out of the shower so that I can get in, although he's taking longer than usual.

I couldn't focus on the movie after dinner. My mind was running wild with ideas. I'm conscious of the overthinking that's most likely occurring; I'm a rabid overthinker. But even telling myself that doesn't stop the worrying ache in my heart.

"What're you reading?" Yoongi inquires thirty minutes later, strolling out of the bathroom and drying his hair with a towel.

"It's a book about a girlfriend who is suspicious of her boyfriend."

A muddled expression appears on his face. "Weird, but okay."

In reality, it's Call Me by Your Name. As far as I know, he's never read it. Only Taehyung has seen the film, so I don't need to worry about him catching on to my fabrication.