This Is Us Colliding

Before the call from Annalise.

"Em, we have to put your pants on!" I shout as I chase my naked niece. "No one wants to see your Georgia peach!"

I have just given her a bath since she had been swimming all day and she smelled strongly of chlorine. Emersyn did not want to get out of the pool. She was having a lot of fun with the boys. I'm in charge of her while Annalise is at a party and I'm positive she'd want Emersyn to go to sleep at a decent hour. So, eventually, it was time to go into the house, take a bath, and go to bed. However, tonight wasn't going to plan.

Emersyn still had so much energy and was trying to swim in the tub. She really wasn't finished in the pool. I ended up getting soaked because she was splashing like a maniac. I should've thrown my swimsuit back on. It would've saved the outfit change.

This leads me to here: tailing a nude toddler to get her pajamas on. Emersyn is harder to take down than a track-star felon during a foot pursuit.

"Please let me dress you," I huff.

She sprints to the other side of the room, giggling. "No, D.D.!"

"Goddammit," I curse under my breath. I toss the clothes on the floor in front of me and lie down on my back, groaning. I've been defeated by a two-year-old. How embarrassing.

A knock then comes outside Emersyn's bedroom door, interrupting my hushed complaints. "Yeah?"

The door creaks open. "Everything alright in here?"

"Hi, Kookie!"

"Hi, Emmy," I hear Jungkook greet her.

I sit up, seeing Jungkook's concerned expression as his eyes flicker back and forth between Emersyn and me, but nod anyway.

Jungkook points to Emersyn. "Why is she naked?"

"She doesn't want to get dressed," I answer.

"Em, why are you naked?" he repeats, now asking her.

"Because," she states.

I exhale a dry laugh, shaking my head.

"Can you handle this on your own?" Jungkook wonders.

I nod once more. "I'll be fine."

Jungkook leans against the doorframe, crossing his arms and lifting a questionable brow, smirking. "You sure about that?"

I capture a glimpse of my niece who is dancing around, not a sole care in the world. I face Jungkook. "No."

"Need help?"

"Yes."

He pushes himself off the doorframe, walking towards me and picking up the pajamas. "Come here, Em. Let's get changed."

"No, thank you, Kookie."

Jungkook bites his bottom lip to stifle a laugh. "You have to get dressed."

"