Full House

"Is your friend coming soon?" asks Taehyung before puffing on his Juul. He blows the mango-flavored smoke at Jimin who waves it away with a disgusted face.

"I hope so," I reply. Roxy told us to wait for her in the employee parking lot. We've been sitting here on the asphalt for about fifteen minutes at this point. Shift change was a few hours ago, so no one will be coming or going, and there won't be a chance of the members being seen. Not like anyone in this town would recognize them anyway. Better safe than sorry though.

"I'm getting antsy," states Yoongi, stretching out his arm and wiggling his fingers for Taehyung to place the Juul in his hand.

I check my phone once more. She isn't responding to any of my texts. I place it on the ground again and lean back to breathe in the cool summer air. It is so fresh here compared to Seoul. It's a little thing I never cherished before moving to a big city. The breeze feels wonderful after being on a plane for so many hours too.

A few minutes go by and I'm about to send another text when I hear "Audaire?" in a low voice.

I come out from behind the car and spot her. There she is. Roxy in all her glory. I walk towards her and when we're finally face-to-face, I take a good look at her. She's changed so much in a year. Seeing someone on FaceTime just doesn't compare to in-person. She seems to have lost weight. Probably from the stress of working a ton and going to medical school. Her hair has gotten really long as well. Something that hasn't changed is her sweet smile. That's exactly the same. It's the one she gives me when our eyes meet.

"Table for eight?"

"You're not mad?"

"I was a little upset because you didn't tell me, but seeing you here now makes me forget why I was pissed in the first place."

I sigh, relieved. "I really am sorry though."

"I forgive you," Roxy heartens. Her eyes dart behind me and she bites her lip to conceal a grin.

I look back at the boys who have come out of hiding and then face Roxy again. "Want me to introduce you?"

She nods, shyly. I take her hand in mine and lead her to where the members are standing. "Everyone, this is Roxy. Roxy, this is everyone."

"Nice to meet you, Roxy. I'm Namjoon," he says, going in for a handshake.

"Oh, I know," she blurts. "Uh, I mean, nice to meet you too, Namjoon."

This elicits a giggle from all of us and I finish introducing her to everyone, getting them acquainted.

"Well, I'll be damned, Wilson. You weren't lying. You seriously do work for them."

"You need to believe me from now on," I assert.

"Yeah, yeah. I hear ya."

"Just take us to our table," I laugh.

"Right this way." Roxy leads us through the employee entrance and to the private party room. Luckily, the restaurant isn't too packed since dinner rush has already passed.

We get a bottle of wine to split and the boys order the steak dinner. I go for the pasta. It was my favorite dish when I worked here. I had it after almost every shift. How did I not have a heart attack from the high cholesterol? The world may never know.

***

"Here's your check," Roxy announces, handing me the book.

I take it from her and open it up. "Um, Roxy?"

"Yes?"

"Why is your phone number written on the check?"

"That's for Jimin," she declares. "Not you."