Bad Romance

Namjoon carries on, recounting his day. "Noona gave it to us before she left work."

"When we didn't RSVP," begins Seokjin, "she assumed our invitation got lost in the mail."

"So she handed us one and asked if we could make it," Hoseok adds.

"It makes sense," I say. "I mean, we were just talking about how we thought it was weird you guys didn't get invited." I take the invitation from Namjoon to get a better look at it. "You told Youngmi you're going, right?"

"We said it depends on if Yoongi hyung had everything settled for his surgery Monday."

"And my parents are coming in from Daegu on Saturday too," Yoongi mentions. "I have to pick them up from the train station that evening and take them to my brother's place. They're helping him move houses this weekend."

"That's not the only reason why they're coming," Hoseok reveals. "You need to tell her the other thing."

My eyes flicker between the two as Yoongi nervously clears his throat. "My parents will be meeting us at the hospital Monday morning. They're also planning to stay for a week to help me out afterward, and then I'm going back to Daegu with them for physical therapy."

"Your parents are staying here? As in, with us?" I wonder.

His lips form a line and he nods.

"Oh," I breathe, a knot forming in the pit of my stomach. "Well, I should probably get a hotel or something, shouldn't I?"

"No," he states. "Why would you? This is your home."

"None of your parents know about me. They'd ask questions."

"And I'd answer those questions."

"You're...You're ready to tell them?"

"I've been ready since the moment I met you," Yoongi replies earnestly. He gestures to the others. "I think that's true for all of us."

"It is," Jungkook concurs with Yoongi. "We love you, Noona, and we want our parents to love you too."

I gaze at him through teary, worry-filled eyes. "But what if they don't? What if they find our relationship immoral?"

"Then that's their problem," Taehyung declares. "Not ours."

"I don't want there to be animosity between you and your parents though. It'd kill me to see that. And more importantly, it'd kill me to see you hurting because of that."

"I know, at least for my parents, that they won't care about who or how many I'm dating. As long as I'm happy. That's all that matters to them," Jimin imparts.

"Same with my parents," Jungkook proclaims. "It may seem like the older generation here is close-minded, but I promise you not everyone thinks that way."

"Please trust us on this," begs Hoseok. "And please don't stay in a hotel."

"Yoongi's parents are loving people," Seokjin avers. "Even if they don't come right out and say it."

"Or show it," Yoongi chips in.

"So they're tsunderes too?" I quip, finally feeling a little better from the words we've exchanged.

"I told you I get it from them."

"Well, I just hope they're as sweet and kind as you are too."

His face scrunches up. "Don't make me sound cutesy."

"But you are, Hyung," Jimin giggles.

"Yeah, you're the cutest!" Taehyung tacks on. "Like a kitty-cat."