Catching Clouds

Poke, Poke.

"Noona?"

"Noona~"

I force one eye open and my vision adjusts, falling on Jungkook's figure standing over me, his index finger touching my cheek. "Why're you poking me?"

"To get you up," he apprises. "It's 4:30."

"Where's Hobi?" I wonder, grabbing my glasses off the bedside table and putting them on.

"I think he's helping Yoongi hyung with something."

Jungkook takes a seat on the edge of the bed in front of me. He gazes at me, a smile adorning his lovely features. His visage is...softer in the morning compared to its usual angularity. Over the course of about an hour after he awakens, the softness begins to evanesce, and returns to normal. It's a small thing I've noticed over the time we've known each other. I don't believe I'm an observant person, but when it comes to these men, I am eminently aware.

The youngest boy tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. "You look so pretty when you wake up."

"I think you need these more than I do," I say, taking off my glasses and placing them on Jungkook.

He strikes a little pose, the frames sliding down Jungkook's nose due to his low nasal bridge. "Do they make me look handsome?"

"So handsome," I chuckle, trying to sound sarcastic. My tone isn't believable in the slightest; there's obvious sincerity. 

 I pull the blankets back, sliding out from underneath the covers. "I should go shower."

"Yeah, I thought I smelled something," jokes Jungkook.

I playfully punch his arm and he shouts, "Ow, I was kidding!"

"Oh, hush and come join me."

***

"Guys, I have some bad news," Namjoon sighs.

"What is it, Hyung?" asks Taehyung, shoving a whole Eggo waffle into his mouth.

"Sejin hyung called and said a news outlet leaked that we're coming to LA. He thinks we'll be swarmed at the airport. We need to fly privately."

"But there's always a crowd," Jimin points out.

"We won't have enough guards to protect the dancers. We can't take the chance of someone getting hurt."

"Can Audaire fly with us?"

"She should probably fly with the others. Just so they aren't suspicious."

I-I don't get to be with them?  

I'm absolutely terrified of planes. Coming to Korea was the first time I had ever been on an airplane. I was crying and throwing up the entire flight. I haven't gone back to the states since arriving in Seoul all because I want to avoid flying. 

And now as the moment comes that I finally board a plane, I have to be without my seven safe places.

Yoongi sees that I'm unsettled, so he pats my shoulder in order to soothe me. "We'll go to your room when we get to the hotel, yeah?"

"I'm rooming with Beck, Addie, and Justin. I'll go to you guys instead."

He raises a questionable brow. "Justin won't make a move on you, will he?"

"I doubt it. I don't think his boyfriend would like that," I chortle.

He scratches the back of his head, breaking eye contact. "Ah, sorry."