Just Friends

There's a loud clinking of ceramic or maybe glass. It jolts me awake. The sunlight pours in, blinding me as it does. Someone must have opened the drapes before I woke up because I distinctly remember them being closed.

I stretch my arms over my head, my back cracking loudly in the process. I usually get some rather intense back pain from sleeping on couches, but I feel wonderful right now. This couch probably costs more than my tuition did so I better not fall in love with it.

I swing my legs off the side of the sofa, standing slowly so that I don't pass out. This stupid iron deficiency tries to knock me on my ass every morning. Once I'm in the clear, I begin to fold the blanket. The sound of bare feet padding against the hardwood floor catches my attention and I soon find myself looking at a half-naked Namjoon.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I figured you were still asleep. I didn't wake you, did I?"

"No, no. I've been up for a few minutes. What time is it? My phone died."

"It's about nine," he says as he adjusts the towel around his waist. "There's coffee in the kitchen if you want some. Just watch out for glass. I dropped a mug and tried to clean it up, but I'll need a vacuum. It's a bit of a disaster in there."

The mug shattering must've been what startled me. I reek of sweat from the concert and booze from the night before. God, I hope Namjoon can't smell me from where he's standing. I need to get back to my apartment so that I can shower.

"Do you need some makeup remover? I should've offered it before you went to bed."

"Is my mascara all over my face?"

"It's not bad."

"I have a feeling you're lying to me," I joke, trying to maintain eye contact and not stare at his large, well-defined pecs. Alright, maybe I took a quick peek.

"I am. You caught me," Namjoon chuckles airily. "You can just take a shower if you want to. I mean, only if you're comfortable with that. I know it was a pretty long night for you."

I decide that I will, assuming my appearance is absolutely ghastly and I don't want to offend the people on public transportation. Old ladies can be hella judgmental at times. I don't need an ajumma giving me dirty looks.

"Upstairs bathrooms should be free. The kiddos sleep late. I'll get you a phone charger too."

Namjoon was right about it being empty and about the younger members. The entire floor is silent. I grab a towel and a washcloth out of the cabinet, then turn on the water to allow it to heat up. Looking in the mirror, I'm horrified. My eyes are completely black from the eye makeup. I find the remover and get it off. The lip stain is still perfectly in place, so I have to scrub quite hard to remove it.

I like to listen to music while I shower and opt for my everyday playlist at a low volume so that I don't wake the others. I doubt they'd hear anyway considering how large this place is. Nevertheless, I'm going to remain respectful. I have a small desire to play some BTS songs, but that would be strange. Jamming out to BTS in their own house? Nah.

I step inside the shower, the water burning my skin as I do. I suck air through my teeth in response. I quickly adjust the temperature from scalding to perfect. After wetting my hair, I lather the shampoo and damn does it smell nice. I let the conditioner sit for a few minutes and thank the heavens that I shaved my legs yesterday since I don't have a razor on me. Once the conditioner has been washed out, I put a dollop of soap on the rag. The body wash is vanilla scented, which any other time, I'd gag. I hate anything vanilla-scented, but for some reason, I don't mind this one. It's probably because it's expensive and from some fancy brand.