Just One Day

"Okay, everyone has cleared out." Youngmi waves us into the dressing room. "You can come in now."

The members changed into more casual outfits and headed to the club for the afterparty. Youngmi stayed behind to help Jaehwa and I get ready, while the other staff either went home or went to the club with BTS.

Hoseok sent me a text before he left saying they'll see me at the afterparty and that he'll personally buy me a drink when I get there. I tell him to have fun and how I'm excited to see them all.

When I messaged back though, it didn't cross my mind that I could only see them. I couldn't talk to them. Because out in our public lives, we don't know each other. Although not completely unfamiliar with one another due to my job, we're still practically strangers to the world.

Youngmi grabs a garment bag off the rack and hands it to her partner. Jaehwa goes to change, and Youngmi and I sit in the makeup chairs to wait for them. A couple of minutes pass until they open the door to the private dressing room, coming out and striking a pose. They're dressed in a black Louis Vuitton cinched double-breasted jacket with a tab detail on the lapel, black slacks, and a plain white undershirt.

Jaehwa does a twirl so that we can get the full effect. "What do you think?"

"I think I'm a fucking genius," imparts Youngmi.

"I'd have to agree," I concur. "You look incredible, Jae."

"I feel incredible," they unbosom. "Thank you for working your magic, my love."

She flashes a smile before getting up from the chair. "Take a seat and I'll do your hair once I get Audaire changed."

"My hair's fine though."

"Honey, you worked all day and got sweaty. Your hair is a mess."

Jaehwa flips their wavy locks. "Maybe I like it this way."

"Just sit down," she orders. "And don't play in the makeup. That jacket is 3,500 dollars and I don't want you getting anything on it."

They do as they're told, and Youngmi has me follow her to the rack where she takes two garment bags off of it. Afterward, she hangs them on a hook in the private dressing room. "I couldn't decide which outfit I liked more, so I figured I'd let you pick."

My lips turn up into a grin. "I know I've already thanked you, but I appreciate you so much for doing this. I can't imagine how busy you must've been with the award show."

She lays a hand on my shoulder. "You're my friend, Audaire. Friends always make time for each other."

"Thank you," I utter once more. Apparently, that's the only thing I can say.

"You're welcome," she chuckles. "Now, get dressed. I'm dying to see which one you choose."

Youngmi softly closes the door behind her. I then hear her yell, "Jae! Put down that lipstick this instant!"

I laugh quietly to myself as I unzip the first garment bag. It reveals an asymmetrical, bright red silk mini dress with thin straps. I peek at the tag.

It's Christian Dior.

If Jaehwa's jacket is 3,500 dollars, I don't even want to know the price of this outfit. Youngmi is ensuring we're dressed to the nines. Our group will definitely make a statement at this party, that's for certain.

The dress is a strong contender and I'm not convinced anything can live up to it. Then again, it's Youngmi for god's sake. As she said herself, she's a genius.

I open the second garment bag, unveiling a Giorgio Armani powder blue two-button wool-blend blazer with matching slacks. It's so simple, yet so elegant. It's love at first sight.