Kiss Me Thru the Phone

It has been about three weeks since the CCTV incident and since the statement was released. I'd say about eighty percent of the fandom believes I'm Jungkook's cousin. Of course, there's that twenty percent who sees right through our bullshit. Luckily, the eighty is louder than the twenty, and I think this situation will be forgotten as the comeback promotions continue.

I've seen apology posts to Jungkook on Twitter, but not to me, his "cousin." Maybe because they haven't figured out my identity? Internet slooths have been close though. I don't know how they do it. Although I fear being discovered by them at some point, their skills are impressive, nonetheless.

Or perhaps they do not feel like I need/deserve an apology.

Do I deserve one?

No. This was my fault. I'm perfectly aware that CCTV is virtually everywhere in Korea. I should've been more careful.

On the other hand, does it actually matter if Jungkook was with his cousin or with his girlfriend?

Shit, never mind. I don't understand Kpop dating culture and I won't dwell on it any longer.

Anyway, as I mentioned, comeback season is here and in full swing. As soon as the "ON" music video was released, it became an instant hit. In fact, the whole album was a huge hit. Every song on it has occupied the top of the charts since its launch.

I've been listening to it on repeat. This album must've been laced with crack or something because it's addicting. And I promise I'm not biased when saying that. It's just so fucking good.

After its release, we had a celebratory dinner during which the boys gifted me every version of the album.

"I told you we can get you all the albums you want," laughed Seokjin, pouring a second Heineken in his glass. "Let us know if you want any others."

"Thank you, guys. I love it," I expressed. "But I'll buy the rest of them so I can support you."

"You're already our number one supporter," said Namjoon. "Giving you some albums is the least we can do to show our gratitude."

"Yeah," agreed Jimin. "Now open them. I wanna see which photocards you got!"

I glance at my coffee table where I have placed Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung, and Yoongi's photocards.

"This was my idea and you didn't even pull mine?" Seokjin grumbled. "Wow, that's messed up."

I shake my head, a smile on my face as I reminisce. But the memory only makes me miss them more. I've been staying at my apartment since the comeback began. The members are incredibly busy at the moment with late-night practices, interviews, and performances. While I wish I could be with them, I decided it was best if I stay at my place until things go back to normal. Well, normal for BTS, that is.

On the days they finish their promotional activities before two a.m., the boys insist I spend the night. Since I want them well-rested for their hectic schedule ahead, I remain at home. I won't lie though, sleeping by myself sucks; I hate it. You get so used to having someone beside you, keeping you warm and safe. And when you no longer have that, all that you are left with is the feeling of loneliness.

To fill this empty void, I've been watching a lot of true-crime shows. Is this smart of me while I'm alone? Probably not. I go to bed thinking a serial killer is hiding in my closet, but I can't stop watching. These shows are too goddamn entertaining.

Tonight is the same as any other one: a glass of rosé, an abundance of snacks, and an episode of a John Wayne Gacy docuseries. But my plans change when halfway through the episode, my phone rings.