Just Dance

"And five, six, seven, eight," counts the dance instructor. The members are three weeks into their comeback preparations. They've been practicing the choreography for their new title track "ON" nonstop. Big Hit even hired backup dancers from the states and flew them out to Korea. Despite the incessant jet lag, they have been high in energy.

The first music video shoot is next week and the boys want everything to be perfect. I have strong faith it will be. Everything they do is flawless to the fans. And me.

Since they're practicing over twelve hours a day, I've been staying at my apartment so that they can get some proper sleep when they have the chance. It's lonely at night. I hadn't slept by myself in so long that I forgot what it was like. My place is forlorn and...scary, almost. The quiet is deafening. I want to hear Hoseok's infectious laughter. I want to hear Jungkook's video games at five in the morning. I want to hear the sound of Namjoon singing his heart out in the shower.

Although I can't spend any actual time with the guys, I still come by the company after work to watch their dance practice. To an extent. I'm in a random office next to the practice studio. The good part is, is that I am able to see everything because of the two-way mirrors. By doing this, I can be with them in spirit.

A soft knock comes from outside the office door, drawing my attention away from the rehearsal

"Nuguseyo?" I call out to the person.

"It's me," responds Sejin, entering the room. "Are you hungry? I made ramen."

"Yes, I am. Thank you." He places the bowl on the wood top. "Have you eaten yet?"

He takes a seat across from me at the conference table, sliding over a pair of chopsticks. "Not yet. I've been running around the building like a madman all morning. There's so much to finish before the comeback."

"Take a breather, Sejin. You deserve it. Grab some food and join me for lunch."

"Ah, no. I shouldn't. Mr. Bang wants me to start scheduling their TV appearances."

"Is he here right now?"

"He's not. Why?"

A sinister, playful smirk creeps up my lips. "Then he won't know if you chill for a bit."

"You're a sneaky one!" Sejin chuckles heartily. "Okay, you convinced me. But if I get caught, I'm blaming you."

"That's fine with me."

Sejin says he will be back and then returns with a salad.

"So," begins Sejin, breaking the comfortable silence after a few minutes, "the members appear to be a lot happier these days. I believe that's because of you."

"What makes you say that?"

"Their laughter seems genuine again. The past year was hard on them. They were very tired and worn out. But something has changed in them. That switch happened right when you showed up."