Cherry Bomb

I throw my backpack on the couch with a blissful sigh, relieved to be home. Or rather relieved to be at the members' house. I spend so much time here that this place now feels like my own. But without the seven men, this house is just...a house; a large building that lacks the warmth and care of my favorite people.

"Thank you for carrying the rest of my things in, Sungmin," I tell the large, buff man. Despite his stature, I can ascertain that Sungmin is a big teddy bear. His deep, rumbling laughter can fill a room, and although he presents as shy, he quickly becomes cordial. Namjoon picked the perfect person.

"It was no trouble at all, Miss Wilson. Is there anything else you need?"

"No, I don't think so. And please, call me Audaire."

Sungmin smiles. "Okay, then I will be on my way. Here is my number." He hands me a small piece of paper. "Call me if you need anything."

"Will do. Thanks again."

When he leaves and I hear the door's automatic lock click, I head into the kitchen to steal one of Hoseok's Sprites. I make a mental note to buy more so that he won't notice it's missing. As I open the refrigerator, my eyes spot something sitting on the counter. I walk over, pick up the note that lay on top of the box, and read it.

My beautiful Audaire,

Please study well. English is hard.

Love,

Jin

I'm a tad confused, so I place the note to the side and take the bow off of the present. Upon unwrapping the gift, I see a Korean language learning book and the workbook to go along with it.

I chuckle to myself. Now his letter makes sense.

Seokjin's present has to be one of the most useful gifts I've ever received. I whip out my cell phone to text him.

I promise to study well. Thank you! : )

Jin: I'm glad you like it. I'll study English too.

If you need help, let me know. I do it for a living, after all.

Jin: You let me know if you need help as well.

I will. Have fun with the music video!

Jin: 💕

***

A week and a half go by until I get the courage to use Seokjin's card. I couldn't bring myself to purchase anything with his money. Every time I was about to buy something, I'd go to swipe his card, but then feel guilty and use my own. I know Namjoon said I should treat myself; however, it just doesn't seem right. I don't want the boys getting the wrong idea and thinking I'm only with them for the money. Because I'm not. They could have a single dollar to their name and I'd still fall for them all the same.

I lie on the couch, flipping through the TV channels.

I'm so fucking bored.

It's not like I can reach out to the members to appease my boredom. They're insanely busy in LA, so our conversations have been short and sweet.

There's nothing to do. And I have no friends to hang out with or talk to.

But I do have Sungmin.

I give him a call and he picks me up a short while later.

I've been listening to the Love Yourself: Answer album on repeat recently and I want a physical copy of it. Sungmin brings me to a cute, dainty Kpop shop so that I can get it. When I arrive at the store, I enter to see an entire wall dedicated to BTS. I almost immediately spot the album and I grab it to take it to the checkout counter.