Challenge Accepted

I slip the black t-shirt over my head. It's relatively plain apart from the large white lettering across the back stating "security."

It's my first day.

I woke up at five a.m., a whole three hours before my shift, because I was excited...and nervous.

I stand pantless in front of the full-length mirror observing the shirt. My hands run up and down the cotton fabric, feeling the rush of my new reality come over me. With shaky hands, I put my hair in a ponytail to get it out of my face.

Namjoon appears in the reflection, approaching me from behind. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me tightly against him. "You look so official."

"I do?"

He nods. "Yeah. Pretty badass too."

Feigning a laugh, I impart, "I feel like I'm gonna hurl though."

"First day jitters. They'll fizzle out."

"Fuck, I hope so."

"They will," he chuckles. "Trust me." Namjoon picks my dress pants up off the bed and passes them to me. "I'm gonna get ready for work. Sejin hyung will be here soon."

He places a kiss on my head before leaving my (finally completed) room. It took a few days, but we got it done. The guys wanted to help with everything, so they forbade me from working on the room until they were home for the day. One morning after they left, however, I arranged my Kpop albums on the shelf they built.

"Something's different," implied Seokjin, carrying a jewelry box that was just delivered into the bedroom.

I pretended to not know what he was talking about. "What? Nothing's different."

"Yes, there is." He positioned the jewelry box on my desk. "I sense it. I sense it in my bones."

My eyes dart to the shelf, then back to Seokjin who was still facing the desk.

"You moved your makeup organizer from the left to the right," he concluded.

I breathed a sigh of relief. The alleviation was short-lived though because Yoongi appeared out of thin air, making me jump at the sound of his voice.

"No, genius. She displayed her albums," he pointed out.

Seokjin looked at the shelf. "Oh."

They didn't know I was planning to exhibit their albums, so it was a nice surprise for them; they loved it. But I had to promise to let them help for the remainder of the set-up. The members wanted to assist out of their love for me, and who am I to take that away from them?

I finish getting dressed and scarf down a bowl of cereal. Perhaps eating was a bad idea because now, I feel like I'm going to puke even more. I try to ignore the nausea and wait for Sejin.

Sejin arrives at the house at around 7:30 a.m. He flashes me a bright smile as I get into his car.

"Good morning, Audaire. How are you?"

I decide to be honest. "Terrified."

"You're going to do great. Try not to worry so much."

Easier said than done.

***

Sejin throws the gear into park. "I'll be out here when you're done to pick you up. Good luck, Audaire!"

"Thanks, Sejin. See you later."

Breathing deeply, I work up the courage to step through the threshold of the building. Eventually, I make my way inside and find the security room. The fluorescent lights are strong and they hurt my eyes a bit, but I try my best to ignore them. The room smells freshly cleaned and I can almost see my reflection on the shiny floors.