You'll Always Have Me

Yoongi's eyes are blown wide at Taehyung's words. He bites his tongue to compose himself, fearing he may lash out. "Taehyung-ah, watch the way you speak to me. I'm older than you."

"I'm aware, Hyung. But had I said it any other way, would it have penetrated that thick-ass skull of yours?"

He chuckles dryly, unsure of how to respond at this point. He's fucking floored by what is coming out of Taehyung's mouth.

"I figured shit got resolved years ago, but clearly I was wrong," he continues. "Or maybe something is going on now that wasn't before."

"No, everything is fine," Yoongi affirms. "Why are you talking about this anyway?"

"Rookie King came up while I was with Hobi hyung. Specifically, the kiss. Y'know, the one you helped with? He was so angry with you after that shoot because of the way you acted."

"Yes, and we discussed it about a week later along with other things."

"Well, that conversation must've gone in one ear and out the other because you guys still have issues and you don't know how to properly communicate to this day."

"You have no idea what you're saying, Tae-yah."

"Oh, I do," he states matter-of-factly. "He's hurting you just as much as you're hurting him."

"Stop!" demands Yoongi. His voice immediately weakens; a shell of what it was a second ago. "Please...stop." Yoongi looks off into the distance so that Taehyung won't see his eyes brimming with tears. "I'm not hurting him. I-I haven't hurt him. He's the one who ended things." He jabs himself in the chest. "He broke up with me, okay?!"

Taehyung had only seen Yoongi cry a handful of times; Yoongi is the type of person to handle his emotions in private. He believes the older man doesn't want to be perceived as weak. Crying does not make someone weak though. It just means they've been pushed to a certain point and they need to release those feelings for a bit of relief; it's soothing to let it out.

"Yoongi hyung," he begins, treading lightly, "I thought the breakup was mutual?"

He scoffs. "Not at all."

"But Bang PD-nim...?"

"Yeah, he wanted us to end things for the interest of the group. He wanted our focus to be on Bangtan and nothing else," Yoongi divulges. "But I suggested to Hoseok that we stay together and keep the relationship private because we loved each other, right? Right?!" A humorless laugh escapes his lips. "Well, I was wrong. So fucking wrong." Yoongi gazes off again. "He believed we should listen to Sihyuk hyung and...that was that. We were finished. It was Hobi who recommended that we tell the members it was mutual to avoid it being awkward. I mean, there was definitely tension in the air for a while after, but it lessened over time. We moved on-at least I did-and went about our lives."

"My gut is telling me you haven't moved on."

"Why?"

"Because you're crying. If you truly had moved on, you wouldn't be."

He wipes his wet face. "I'm just frustrated."

"I'm sure you are, but that's not the only reason, is it? You still love him, Hyung. You love him so much and it's killing you to pretend you don't."

"God, you sound exactly like him," Yoongi imparts. "And I don't pretend. We kiss all the time, we have sex, and I'm in a poly relationship that includes him, for fuck's sake."

"When was the last time you told Hobi hyung that you love him?"

"Um, m-maybe the night in LA?"

~~~