seventy-one

I take deep breaths as Calum laughs at me from his bed.

"Kelsey, it's literally just Luke." Calum laughs, watching me add the finishing touches to my makeup.

I let out a sharp breath, "It's our first date."

"I hate to break it to you, but you've definitely been on a date with him before."

"That's not what I mean! We're starting over. We're trying again. If this doesn't go well then we just aren't going to work. It has to be perfect."

Calum lets out a sigh, grabbing my wrist to pull me to sit next to him, "I think you need to get over this idea of perfect."

"But, Cal-"

"No, wait. I'm sorry, but after what happened between you, and getting divorced, you two are already not perfect. No relationship ever is! I don't think you need to put all this pressure on you two. He loves you, Kels. And you love him. Just relax and have a good time. You'll be fine."

"But that all doesn't automatically mean we're going to work out." I reply, though he has a point.

"I know. But, I have faith in you two. Especially now that we're moving."

A smile spreads across my lips as he mentions the two of them moving to LA. "I can't wait."

"But that's still a few months away. Don't get too excited yet." He chuckles.

"This is so frustrating. It'll be fine, I guess? We'll see how tonight goes before anything else." I tell him.

"Don't worry, seriously." Calum says, clearly somewhat annoyed with me.

"Okay, let's just not talk about it for now. I do need to calm down." I reply, sitting next to him.

"He's literally on his way, so take some deep breaths and calm down." He chuckles.

I groan, taking a deep breath, "I know. Oh my god he'll be here in a couple minutes. I'm going to die."

"Stop being dramatic! It's just Luke! The dude is an idiot! He's probably more stressed than you are, so it's fine honestly."

Once again I groan, flopping back onto Calum's bed.

He laughs, shaking his head at me, "I wish I could see Luke right now."

"Please stop enjoying our suffering. Things went so wrong between us, we're both terrified of fucking up."

"Enough. There's nothing to fuck up." Calum rolls his eyes.

The doorbell rings, and I take a deep breath, knowing it's Luke.

Calum quickly jumps up, rushing to the door and I groan as I try to beat him, since I know he's going to say something stupid.

When Calum gets to the door his hastily swings it open, for us to see Luke standing there nervously biting his lip.

"You're nervous too? Dude, you're a fucking idiot."

"Calum!" I exclaim, as Luke just looks at him in shock, before rolling his eyes.

Calum shrugs, "I don't get it."

"Uh, anyway, hey Kels. Ready to go?" Luke asks, just ignoring Calum.

"Yeah." I nervously smile, pushing past Calum, heading outside to Luke.

As Luke and I are walking towards the car, Calum shouts at us, "Have fun! Don't have sex you'll ruin everything!"

"Calum!" Both Luke and I yell, turning to face him.