twenty-nine

After that, I figured it didn't matter anymore. I had broken my sobriety, so I might as well have fun until somebody back home in LA finds out, right? So, after it wore off and after I ate my dinner, I got ready to go out.

As I sit at the bar, in some club downtown, part of me regrets doing this. But at the same time, I couldn't care less, as I continue to call the bartender to fetch me more alcohol.

I take my sixth shot as I sit alone at the bar, not making any reaction to the liquor. Since it's been a while I figured it would be like when I was first drinking as a teenager. But it was like I had never stopped. I was having actual drinks before, but I had to move to shots. It worked quicker.

Going to club alone wasn't something I would've done years ago, though I did drink alone quite a lot. But at this point I didn't care.

Picking up my phone and seeing Luke's name at the top of my messages, I click on his contact, deciding to call him.

"L-Luke." I hiccup, "Luke."

"Kelsey? What's going on? It's two in the morning."

"I know. I- It's last call, right now. I'm getting another shot." I tell him, my speech slurred as I shout over the music.

I can hear sheets rustling in the background as Luke sighs, "Kels, aren't you sober?"

"Not anymore!" I giggle, as the bartender places a shot down in front of me.

"I can barely hear you, what club are you at? I can come pick you up." He tells me, as I faintly hear him grab his car keys.

"I don't want to go home!"

"The bars are closing soon, and I'd like you to get home safely. I'm not trying anything here, Kels. I just want you to be safe." Luke tells me, a sigh passing his lips.

"I don't know where I am! I'll send you my location, bye, Lukey!" I exclaim, hanging up the phone.

Quickly I take my last shot and send Luke my location like I said I would. Though seeing him probably isn't a good idea, I do think he's probably the best bet to get me to my room safely.

My phone buzzes, and I quickly grab it, seeing I have a text from Luke.

'You aren't very far, I'm about five minutes away from you'

I sigh, paying for my drinks before I make my way outside the club. He was still a couple minutes away.

As I wait for him I try to prepare for what he might say to me. He'll probably be mad at me. I'm too drunk to deal with Luke getting mad at me.

Luke pulls up and I take a deep breath trying to calm down. Then I start thinking about how I really don't want to get in his car. But he parks and gets out, walking over to me.

"Kelsey, just get in the car, we can talk about this, okay?"

I pause for a moment, not saying anything to him and staring off behind him just watching people pass. Finally, I nod, and walk over to his car. He opens the door for me and waits for me to get in before closing it for me.

He walks around the front of the car before getting into the driver's seat, and he sits there for a few moments, not starting the car.

"Look, I- I- know you're probably, like, probably super mad, or something. I'm sorry." I tell him, still struggling to speak normally.

He sighs, starting the car, "I'm not mad. I'm disappointed."

I giggle, "Are you my mother?"

"I'm serious, Kelsey!" He exclaims, hitting his fist against the steering wheel out of frustration.